RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Perfection is Undetermined

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18970

Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:38 pm

"I'm going to be fine." He said as he tugged at the jumper, his teeth ceasing to chatter as a tear rolled down his cheek. "Why didn't you leave me with them... Why?"
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

RPG Tokens : 10513

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Alana stopped, not looking at him. "If I could I would have saved them all... but I couldn't do that. I wasn't strong enough. But I knew you didn't deserve to die. You saved us. And..." She sighed. "You remind me of someone I knew..." She didn't say anything else.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:43 pm

He dismissed what she was saying and stared at her in the eye, "None of the innocent humans back there deserved to die! I don't care who survives, if my parents die, I want to be the one to go down with the." He sighed as he flicked the hoodie off his back and walked away, deeper into the forest.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Alana watched after him and sighed, then called out. "That's nothing but a selfish wish you know!"
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Mark stood beside Alana and scratched his head, "Is he still being moody?" He asked, before crossing his arms and watching his figure fade away into the shadows.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Alana shrugged. "Can't blame him, everyone deals with these situations differently." She sat down. "I'll go after him in a while, make sure he doesn't do something stupid."
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:57 pm

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Mark said, taking a step back as he looked at the dwindling fire Arland lay next to, trying to get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Alana nodded. "It's better than letting him kill himself. His family... no, no one in the town would have wanted that. He's a good man who needs to live." She looked down at the fire. "Life is too precious of a thing to let go to waste."
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Mark smiled as he pat her on the back, "Good luck knocking some sense into him." He said as he returned to the fire and seated himself by the flames.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Alana nodded and waited a while, giving him time to cool off before she stood and followed after him.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Martin moved through the forest slowly, dragging his feet through the ground as he did so. He sighed, stopping against a tree and sliding down it's frame. He sat at the bottom and closed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Alana found him after about half an hour and sat beside him silently. "Do you know what I am?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:58 pm

He looked up from his hands, "You're... You're a genetic clone which escaped from hospital a few weeks ago." Martin said slowly, trying to recollect the information he had been told.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Alana nodded softly. "I'm defective." She said simply. "That's why I was able to move the car earlier. I'm not like the other clones and because of that I'm wanted, dead." She sighed and looked out over the forest, choosing how to go about this. "My survival has caused the death of your family, your village. And I'm sorry for that. I truly am. It would be easier if I were to die, then no more death could be blamed on me." She smiled sadly as a small tear slipped down her cheek as she remembered Felix's last words. "But then their deaths would all be meaningless." She sighed and looked down. "I had a best friend. He gave up his life to travel with me, gave up the comfort of home to help me survive... Then he gave up his life for me again. I knew in that one instant before the bomb went off that there was no turning back now. I will not let his death... or anyone else's death be in vain." She turned to him. "And I won't let anymore people die than I can control."
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Martin stared at her and his eyes sparkled a bit before watering, "I'm... I'm really sorry." He said as he looked at the ground once again and exhaled, trying to push out any memories of his family... they were too much torture to his mind and they would make him weak again. He couldn't let that happen.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Alana looked over at him, studying him for a moment. "Do you know why I called you wanting to die with your parents a selfish wish?"
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:13 pm

He shrugged, "No." He said slowly, avoiding eye contact. Was it some sort of resentment he felt? Possibly regret. Martin wasn't sure - but he new he felt something different in his chest.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Alana looked up at the sky. "I called it a selfish request because wanting to die with the people you love when you have life is simply that. Selfish. It's you wanting to escape, to possibly be with them again. I'm guilty of these thoughts too. I'd do anything to see Felix again. But I know that wouldn't make him happy. I know that he would want me to live out my life, he will watch over me and watch the person I become. So I can either be selfish and make someone I love dearly sad. Or I can live on, and give them their last wish." She looked back at him. "I'm sure your parents last wish was that you be safe..."
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Tear began silently falling form Martin's eyes as he buried his head into his hands and sobbed. He new it was selfish, but he wanted to see them again. He had no purpose here without them - he was a human, afterall - he was supposed to be extinct.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Alana slowly put an arm around his shoulders and let him cry on her shoulder. She was silent for several minutes as he let it out. Then, as he slowly calmed down she whispered softly. "You can come with us. We can find others, other humans, possibly other clones who detest their own race. We can stop this..."
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:23 pm

He nodded slowly, "I'd like that." Martin then smiled, "Just promise me one thing?"
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Alana looked at him curiously. "What's that?"
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:32 am

"Let me kill the one who's behind all this." He said as he walked away, both hands in the pockets of his torn jeans as he began walking back toward camp.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 2:22 am

Alana looked after him and took a deep breath, she stayed there for a while, staring up at the brightening sky, she needed a moment to herself.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 3:08 am

Mark and Arland piled the logs and leaves on the fire, watching it grow larger and larger, the flames reaching for the sky as they expanded and grew. "Arland," Mark said, looking over at his accomplice, "Could you get three flowers?" He asked, his eyes returning to the fire.

"What kind?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Mark then sat by the fire and picked up a stick, prodding wood so they were aligned perfectly. "Any." He said as Arland moved through the forest and looked for the flowers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfection is Undetermined Perfection is Undetermined - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perfection is Undetermined

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next