RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Out from the Fog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8467

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:47 pm

For decades, the small world of Titan has been in peace. The Great War was their last and most devastating. After it, they swore off violence and war; they destroyed their weapons, made it impossible to use attack spells. And peace descended. It has been wonderful, plentiful times, until one day a fog appears.
The dark energy of this fog has been building for years. It didn't have an outlet and now the fog is here, allowing the energy out. It sends out monsters contorted by the evil energy and most are made from real people and animals, but their appearance has changed vastly. If caught, the darkness will change and contort you, drawling on your worst character flaws and making a monster out of even the most innocent person.
Now this world of peace has to either attack the monsters, something none of them are trained to do, or allow themselves to become victims to the dark fog. There's no where to run as the fog closes in.

Some examples of the creatures that can be hiding in the fog.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
These are just examples.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:05 pm

This is Ember:
Out from the Fog Youhaveapoint

(And...go.)
Ember sat in class, foot tapping. Her parents have told her many times before that an education is super important and will help her find her niche in life, but Ember hates the way the teachers talk down to her, her classmate ignore her, and how she always has homework-it doesn't mean she does it. The teacher was mumbling about something to do with history and how things have advanced, nothing Ember hasn't heard before. So she drifted off, looking out the window. There has been weird things going on and everyone is treating it like it hasn't happened, but Ember wants answers. Halfway through the lecture, Ember raised her hand. The teacher rolled her eyes before calling on her. "Yes, Ember."
"Do you know anything about the mysterious sightings?" She asked frankly. Her parents often told her that she has an attitude problem and that she comes off the wrong way with people, but Ember doesn't care.
The teacher sighs. "I don't know much, just that the reports say it's coming from the fog."
Ember kicks her feet up on the desk in front of her and ignores the look the teacher gives her about it. "What's coming from the fog?"
The teacher's patience has ended and snapped at Ember. "I don't know. Now let's get back to the lesson." But Ember didn't listen, she was too busy thinking of what could be coming from fog.

Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

RPG Tokens : 5893

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:22 pm

(I'll look for a picture of Ruby soon)

Ruby sat at the back of the class and gaped at the girl named Ember, she was brave asking questions about things like that, Ruby had always wondered but she was quite a shy person so she never had enough courage to ask. She had her hood up and a pair of skinny jeans on, her hair tied up and leaving her black fringe over her face. The notes she was taking in the lecture had been doddled all over out of her boredum. (Sorry I can't spell)
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:30 pm

(I can't either, but luck for everyone, my computer does spell check on it.)

The final bell rung and Ember jumped from her seat, taking her bag with her. She went to her locker quickly, shoving everything in and having to lean against it to shut it. She wasn't going to take anything home with her, it was Friday after all and Ember had better things to do than a worksheet on distance problems and a project on solar energy.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Ruby slipped out of class when the bell rung, gathered all her books and put them in her bag, its not like she had anything better to do than homework. Nobody was ever at home so she'd get peace. She peaked through her fringe at the confident girl, still stunned and then walked away.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Ember looked at the time, if she hurried then she can have time to go by the store before going home. She raced down the halls, bumping into a girl's shoulder. She stopped, at tradition, bowed deeply and said. "I meant nothing harmful by it, I hope you accept my apology." She said to the girl, Ruby, if she remembered her name correctly. Ember stood up, bouncing on her heals as she waited to go, but she could not. She had to wait for Ruby to respond or else she could get in trouble.
If someone does something that could be considered hurting them, then that person has to stop and apologize and possibly do more depending on how hurt that person is. If you did not follow this, then the Peacemakers would find you and place you in a cell for a length of time depending on the severity. Despite Ember's attitude, this proper behavior would have been beaten into her if I was legal for it to be, so she was, at least, polite.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 pm

"Oh no, its-its fine...you can go now" she gave a small smile
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:02 am

Ember nodded. "Thank you." She turned and went down the hallway before groaning. I can't believe I'm going to do this. Ember went back to the girl. "It's Ruby right?" But she didn't wait for a response, she knew she was right. "Do you want to come with me to Markwell's magic?" She didn't know why she was doing this, maybe it was because they were both friendless people of the school.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:11 am

"Oh um y-yes please" Ruby gave a shy grin, the offer made her quite happy
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:13 am

"Well come on, I have to hurry." Ember said, matching pace with Ruby. She wasn't too worried about being late, her parents wouldn't do much to punish her. They learned long ago that punished Ember will just lead to more strife.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:15 am

"O-okay" she hurried along with Ember, very happy that she might have a friend
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:22 am

Ember went down the street, uncaring that her feet slapped against the side walk. The store was on her way home and it came up on the quickly. Ember entered, quickly heading to the advanced section. She had been working on her magic for years, the only thing to really focus on when the world was full of peace. It was nice never having to fight or worry about war, but living in this time was boring. Well everything except magic, making it Ember's only hobby. She pulled a book out and glanced it over. She owned a copy of most of the books here, but she was always adding to her collection.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:25 am

Ruby followed closly behind quietly.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:34 am

Ember read the first few pages before glancing up at Ruby. "What magic do you practice? Do you even practice magic?" She turned the page of the book. "I am a movement caster. I work to move things with magic but I have also dabbled with apparitions. I would say I'm pretty good." Ember licked her finger before turning the page again. It was about elemental magic, something Ember wanted to pick up but was to focused on other things. She snapped the book closed, deciding that she didn't want it, and placed it back in its slot on the shelf.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 am

"I-i-i don't practise magic...but I know of it" she looked down slightly ashamed she had never tried
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:41 am

Ember hid the surprise on her face. "You should. I think it would give you more confidence." She looked past Ruby to the beginners shelves. "If you go pick one out, I'll get it for you. And if you do pick, don't pick randomly, you'll know what you are." Ember turned back to the shelves, the tip of her index finger touching the spines of the books. Trying to feel the shimmer she always felt when the book was meant to be hers.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:46 am

She nodded and went to look at some books brushing her hand along them
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:53 am

Ember had closed her eyes, loosing herself to the process until she felt the tingle rush up her arm. She opened her eyes and grabbed the book. It was titled 'Mastering Spells without Words." Ember knew that she needed it. It was the perfect thing to keep her preoccupied over her extended weekend. A book picked out, Ember made her way over to Ruby, following her, waiting for her to find a book. She hoped she found one, then maybe Ember could help her with it. Why am I being so nice to this girl? Ember asked herself, but she already knew, she was tired of being lonely. Her brother had left to start his life almost a year ago and Ember no longer had a person she could call her friend.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 am

Ruby brushed her hands along the books and felt a slight tingle when she hovered over one it read "dark but safe magic" she smiled slightly at the title and picked it up. Her pale fingers brushed over the front of it.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 am

Ember smiled. "You think that's it?" She asked, reading the title. It was weird seeing a dark magic book, there weren't allowed to make them anymore. But maybe because it's safe that it was allowed to be sold. Ember took another look at Ruby and decided that dark magic did look to be her.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:39 am

She smiled and looked up at Ember. She envied her confidence and that she had expirience with magic
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:44 am

Ember went to the check out placing both books on the counter. "Hey Mel. How's it going?" She had known Mel since he had let her take home her first magic book.
"It's good. You trying out some dark magic. We only have this copy of this book. It's a rare one, some say it's the only one out there." He rung up the price and Ember gave him the money.
"Oh?" She handed to book to Ruby. "But it's not for me, it's for my friend." She headed for the exit. "Thanks Mel. Have a good day."
He waved back at her. "You too."
Ember went out to the street, holding her book. "You want to come over? My parents won't mind and I can show you a few things." Ember smiled, hoping that this was how you made friends.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:50 am

"Oh yes please!" She said gripping the book to her chest, she hoped they were becoming friends "my parents are never home..so they won't notice I'm gone" she smiled excited
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:54 am

Ember nodded, heading home. She really wasn't sure how her parents would react, she had never brought a friend home before. Maybe it will keep them from yelling at her for coming home late. "So you've heard about the fog, right? What do you think is going on?" Ember couldn't keep her mind off of it. It was strange what was happening and even stranger how everyone was reacting to it. It has yet to hit their city, but it was coming based on the reports.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:04 am

"I-im not sure, I've always wondered about it...but I'm not so confident to ask" she shrugged, following her into the house, "thankyou for inviting me by the way, nobodys ever been that kind" she smiled a genuin smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out from the Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out from the Fog

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers :: Role Playing :: Miscellaneous Role Plays-