RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Pantera's Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

RPG Tokens : 10509

Pantera's Death - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:35 pm

The trip that day was made mostly in silence, at some point Hayden took hold of Kara's hand as they walked. She didn't pull away but she didn't squeeze his hand back or anything either. Her hand was just limp in his.

It was almost sunset when they crossed into Earth Tribe territory. "We'll be there soon." She said, she lead them through a forest and she seemed to be walking away from the buildings they could see a little ways away.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8515

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:42 pm

"Stop." A familiar voice said from behind them. "It's not safe here, we have to go."

Kai turned to find Brisa standing behind them with a worried look on her face. He was surprised to find her here in earth tribe territory. "What are you doing here?"

Brisa looked at them, they seem a little tired from a day of travel. "I'll tell you once we are safely away from here. Come on, we need to go." She blew a little air behind them, hoping to motivate them to come away from the dangerous things waiting in earth territory.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Kara looked at Brisa, tears in her eyes. "Brisa!" She ran over and hugged her tight. "I was so worried when you left. I'm sorry about what those stupid guys said."

Hayden stumbled a little by the blast of air and looked at Brisa skeptically. "Why? There are no more Earth Tribe members here for the Smothers to attack, so there's no reason for them to be here. What's so dangerous?"
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Brisa looked at them, bouncing on the balls of her feet. We need to leave. "I can explain, I promise. But right now is not the time. We have to leave, now. They are almost here. If you don't leave they will come and we will be captured...and killed. Now come on," She begged.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Kara looked at her confused but she nodded and turned to the guys. "Come on, if she says it's not safe it's not safe. Let's go."

Hayden nodded and they followed Brisa.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Kai nodded following, wondering why they couldn't go into the earth tribe territory and who would kill them. He was unsure how Brisa just popped up out of nowhere. The little trust he had for he shriveled up.

Brisa sighed in relief and led them away, jumping in the trees on occasion to look to see it anyone was following them. Finally they got far enough away that Brisa relaxed. She turned to look at them. They were nowhere in particular which was good.
"We can make camp here, the sun is almost down and by the time I tell you everything, it will be dark." Brisa was worried, the knowellge she had, the group would not like. Some of it is helpful, but the rest is tragic. She looked around, playing with the leaves on the trees. Brisa watched them fall, keeping them from touching the ground.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Hayden wasn't sure he fully trusted Brisa, she was keeping secrets after all. But Kara was in full support of her. "Alright. We'll set up camp and then you can tell us." Kara said giving her another hug. "I'm just so glad you're back."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Kai got fire wood and dried it. He set it down and then sat down, preparing himself for Brisa's story.

"I am glad to be back to tell you important information." Brisa looked around then sat down by the wood, waiting for a fire. "I will try to tell you the best that I can." She gave everyone a small smile and waited until every one was ready before she began.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:15 pm

Hayden sat down across from Brisa and lit the wood. Kara sat down between them and they all looked at her expectantly.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Brisa sighed and started from the beginning. "I left that night, sad at what was said. I didn't want to take that kind of abuse anymore. But I still wanted to help. I know you guys have a good cause and I wanted to find out as much as I could. When I left the gates, Shala lead us through, I found myself in the capital. The next morning, I looked around. I noticed the gate to the earth tribe was still open. I wouldn't think people would need to be let in there anymore, but from what I could tell, they were just as used. I asked people about it, but they didn't know much. I asked a guard and he said that it was just like every other gate. So I asked a few of the people coming in and out of the gate. They said they were all travelers, needing to stock up for their journeys. In the capital, they decided the earth quakes were a sign the world was ending. There is panic spreading there. But I left that day.
I followed one of the travelers. He was a fire bender and he had a huge pack stuffed full of things. I stayed hidden and watched. He traveled to the earth kingdom which I thought was weird, no one lived there anymore."
Brisa got distracted by the breeze blowing by. She smiled into the wind, then looked at their waiting faces and remembered she was telling them her story. "The fire bender entered this huge cabin at the edge of the territory. He went in and came back out without the things and headed back to the Kingdom. I didn't follow him this time. I watched the cabin. People came by the cabin, some I came to realize were guards making rounds around earth territory. I found this odd, no one live here anymore, what needs protecting. So I snuck in. I looked around trying to figure things out. I came to the buildings of the earth tribe capital and there was a small group of people bustling about. I didn't know why these people would need protection. I listened to what they were saying and I grew suspicious. I think the Smoothers are in earth tribe territory, but that's not even the worst part." Brisa sighed. She found this out earlier today by listening to some of the people in the town speak. She had just left, wanting to find Kara and tell her of this information. Brisa was lucky she ran into them at that moment. If they would have went any further in, they would have been attacked.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Hayden listened intently, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees and his chin in his hands.

Kara needed to ask something. "Do you mean they're in the real capital?"
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Kai listened, a little more trusting of her, but knowing she could be holding something back. "What is the worst part?"

Brisa looked at Kara confused. "The real capital? They are in the buildings. Is that not your real capital?" Brisa heard Kai's question but looked away. She was worried about them know about this. It had almost forced Brisa to attack the people in the capital. But they needed to know, she just didn't know if now was the right time to share it. Brisa looked at the fire, playing with the smoke as it went into the air. She always got distracted by wind. It was like it called to her and she couldn't resist. She had to constantly be doing something with her element or else it will start to pester her and then she wouldn't be able to focus at all.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Kara shook her head. "No, those buildings are the Earth Tribe's capitol where the other tribes are concerned. But the capitol where we take care of things that are strictly Earth Tribe is somewhere else, somewhere only Earth Benders can get into..." She looked at Brisa, her eyes wide with concern. "Brisa please. Tell us what the worst part is..."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:55 pm

Kai smiled at the thought that every tribe had their own ways of being secure where it be a hidden capital or a floating one. But then the smile fell when Kara asked about the worst part.

Brisa shook her head. "If I tell you, you will rush to them and get captured." She debated the idea, Kara deserved to know, but she did not want Kara to go to the Smoothers and get herself caught.

Kai looked on, wondering what could be so horrible, Kara would go straight into the Smoother's territory and get caught. He though of a few things but none of them seemed realistic. He waited, wanting Brisa to tell them. If Kara tried to run, he would stop her.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:00 pm

"Brisa... please..."
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Brisa sighed, giving in. "The...smoothers thought...she was you." She tried her best to tell her, but couldn't say it directly the idea of it hurt her too much. Brisa watched Kara, waiting for the revelation to dawn on her.

Kai figured it out and had to hold back a gasp. He looked to Kara, knowing when she figured it out he would have to stop her.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:19 pm

Kara stared at Brisa blankly for a long moment, then her eyes slowly widened and her hand went to her best friend's friendship bracelet. "No... Jenny!" Kara shot up to her feet and turned, about to dash back to the fake capitol. Hayden grabbed her before she could get anywhere. "LET ME GO! Jenny! She needs me! Let me go!!!"

"No!" Hayden said firmly, almost sternly, wrapping his arms tight around her small frame, holding her in place. "You are not going back there and getting yourself killed."

"BUT SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND!!!" Kara sobbed as she desperately fought Hayden's grip. "I can't just leave her!"
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Brisa looked at Kara, sad that she had to be the one to share that with her. "You won't. They don't know an earth bender lives. The news wasn't in the Kingdom yet. We have until it gets there to formulate a plan. They won't hurt her as long as they think she is the last one alive."

Kai watched Hayden hold Kara back. He could feel the sadness coming off her it was so intense. He stood up and went over to them. "Kara, you're not alone anymore. We can save her. Just don't rush things or else we could end up with only one earth bender. I won't let that happen, I won't let you be the only one." Kai gave Kara a small smile.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:27 pm

Kara looked over at him, tears in her eyes and she balled up Hayden's shirt in her fists and began to sob into his chest. "Jenny... Jenny...!"
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Brisa was right, it would be dark once her story was over. Kai looked at Hayden and motioned for him to take her to the tent, hoping he could calm her down. He hated that he had to do that, everything inside him screamed that he should be the one in there, soothing her, but he didn't want to lead her on. Instead he sat outside, looking at Brisa as she played with the breeze.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Hayden half dragged, half carried Kara into the tent. After setting her down sobbing he looked at her. "Kara, you need to calm down. We can't have you risking your life to save your friend. You need to think about this logically. If they think she's the last Earth Bender they won't hurt her, but if they see you there's no guarantee..."

"NO!" Kara shouted as she stood. "No! No! No! I can't just leave her there, she's suffering I know it!" She went to undo the ties on the door of the tent.

Hayden grabbed her and pulled her back to the ground and pinned her. "You're not listening to reason!"

"I don't want to listen! I need to save Jenny!" Kara struggled against him.

Hayden sighed, knowing this was no use. "Kai! Get in here!"
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Kai could hear the muffled talking of in the tent, then hear Hayden shout for him to come. Kai got up, wondering what must be happening for Hayden to want him in there. He opened the tent and tied it back shut, there wasn't much room in here for three people. He say Hayden pinning Kara to the ground.
Kai sat by Kara's head and leaned forward to practically whisper in her ear. "If you go to save Jenny. I will follow, all of us will. They want you, they won't hurt you. But they will kill all of us, Hayden, Brisa, Jenny, me quickly and without a second thought. You don't want that guilt. We will save her, even if I have to go in alone to do it, but we will. So, please Kara, don't run off to get her."
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Kara looked over at Kai, tears in her eyes but she slowly nodded and started to cry softly. Hayden, feeling her stop struggling, slowly got off of her and left the tent, leaving Kara to cry with Kai.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Kai watched Hayden leave. He left Kai with the tears, which he didn't mind, but that meant he didn't want to deal with them. He pushed that thought from his mind and looked over at Kara crying on the ground. He slowly pulled her into his arms and hugged her to his chest. He stroked her hair for the first time since he told her he was giving her up. "Kara, don't worry. Everything will be fine." He said.

Brisa saw Hayden exit the tent. She had heard everything that was said inside of the tent but decided it was best she didn't say anything because the last time she did, they called her names. Instead she looked at the fire that was growing dim. She stirred up the embers and threw some grass into it. The grass burnt fast and for a short second before the flame went out. She fell back, using air to cushion her fall to the ground. She laid there, watching the dark sky glitter with stars.
She rarely got such moments of piece. Brisa is constantly being hounded by the demands of air. If she is not playing with it, then it demands for her to. It starts as a slight itch then grows until she has to let it out. This is why she is so out of it most of the time. Elemental powers are used at the digression of the possessor, but Brisa was at the will of air.
Back to top Go down
katisacat
kittyliciousness
kittyliciousness
katisacat

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:32 am

Kara cried into Kai's arms until she fell asleep, it felt so right to be comforted by him, so comfortable to have the familiar feeling of his hands stroking her hair. She let out a small sigh of contentment before she fell asleep.

Hayden went out and walked a little ways into the woods and punched a tree, leaning his forehead against it as his knuckle bled. "Goddammit, why can't I do anything? Why can't she love me? Why am I always, ALWAYS, so useless." He was thinking back to his life in his tribe, thinking of horrible memories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pantera's Death Pantera's Death - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera's Death

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next