RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Tales Of Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luigi1632
Luigi1632

RPG Tokens : 3812

Tales Of Series Empty
PostSubject: Tales Of Series Tales Of Series I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:54 pm

I'm surprised to see a lack of topics for this game series. To be honest, I haven't played Tales of Symphonia (the game that seemed to get people into the series in the first place.), but I've played Tales of Graces (F) and I'm currently playing through Tales of Xillia.

For my first Tales Of game, Graces was one of the best Japanese role-playing games I've ever played. Sure the story is about friendship and stopping your possessed friend from destroying the world, but the gameplay was beautiful. My only nitpick is that some of the bosses were unbalanced (The final boss in the epilogue arc happens to be one of those). Otherwise, there was a large amount of stuff to do in the game (even with a linear overworld) and the combat was fun.

Xillia is shaping up to have a more interesting storyline, but it doesn't feel as easy to put together combos. But then again, Graces was like that for a while.
Back to top Go down
Tapta
Active Poster
Active Poster
Tapta

RPG Tokens : 4110

Tales Of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales Of Series Tales Of Series I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:10 pm

I have not played Tales of Series but it looks really good.
Back to top Go down
Grungie
Grungie

RPG Tokens : 4034

Tales Of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales Of Series Tales Of Series I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:38 pm

I've only played the first three: Phantasia, Destiny, and Eternia. It's interesting that Destiny is the best selling game in the franchise, but nobody seems to acknowledge its existence.
Back to top Go down
http://musictalkboard.icyboards.net/
Demon_skeith
Demon_skeith

RPG Tokens : 3948

Tales Of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales Of Series Tales Of Series I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 6:43 am

I've just beaten Xillia and I've already played abyss and graces f.

Xillia was good, but I didn't like the battle system very much. I felt the combos weren't really coming together well. Despite that I hope to get xillia 2 when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingforce.us/
Sponsored content

Tales Of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales Of Series Tales Of Series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales Of Series

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1