RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Is Mass Effect an RPG Series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Is Mass Effect an RPG?
Yes
Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_vote_lcap60%Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Never Played the Game
Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_vote_lcap40%Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
No
Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_vote_lcap0%Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
NOT AT ALL!
Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_vote_lcap0%Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18948

Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? Empty
PostSubject: Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:42 am

People are arguing whether the Mass Effect Series is an RPG or Open World Game. What do you think and why?

I think Mass Effect is an RPG series. In ME3, you were able to partake in quests, customize your character, get customizations and perks for yourself, level up. All the aspects of an RPG game.
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Grungie
Grungie

RPG Tokens : 4064

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Customization doesn't always mean RPG, as there are RPG's that don't have any character customization, and there are non-RPG's that have customization. What makes a game an RPG is whether or not you have stats and can gain experience points to either level up in the traditional way, or some other way of increasing your stats.

So seeing as Mass Effect has stats and you can level up, that makes it an RPG
Back to top Go down
http://musictalkboard.icyboards.net/
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18948

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 1:01 am

Grungie wrote:
Customization doesn't always mean RPG, as there are RPG's that don't have any character customization, and there are non-RPG's that have customization. What makes a game an RPG is whether or not you have stats and can gain experience points to either level up in the traditional way, or some other way of increasing your stats.

So seeing as Mass Effect has stats and you can level up, that makes it an RPG

Point taken. +1 Karma. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Tapta
Active Poster
Active Poster
Tapta

RPG Tokens : 4140

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:08 am

I have never played the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? Is Mass Effect an RPG Series? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Mass Effect an RPG Series?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1