RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Are we losing interest?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18919

Are we losing interest? Empty
PostSubject: Are we losing interest? Are we losing interest? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 am

As stated in an article:

Quote :
By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 27/08/2013

Platform: Xbox One

Xbox One has a mammoth 23 games confirmed for release on day one in November, more than many expected - but there's a distinct lack of role-playing games available to play.

It's the one genre lacking from the launch lineup, which includes a number of shooters, action games, casual games, driving games and even a fighting game.

The Fable series - Microsoft's RPG franchise - is heading in a different direction on Xbox One with the multiplayer-focused Fable Legends, and developer Lionhead has confirmed it has no intention of making a fully-fledged Fable 4.

So, what's the deal? Has Microsoft lost faith in the RPG genre?

"RPGs for me personally, that's the genre I grew up playing, starting with the old Ultima series," Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer told Eurogamer at Gamescom.

"Those are games that are in my heart. When we launched 360 we invested in Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon with Sakaguchi-san. Those were really important games from us.
Further reading; http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-27-where-are-the-xbox-one-role-playing-games

Do you agree with this? Are developers losing interest with RPG games?
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Chuckles the Genie
Active Poster
Active Poster
Chuckles the Genie

RPG Tokens : 4096

Are we losing interest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we losing interest? Are we losing interest? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:52 am

No its the demographic and where its made. Xbox is american so it would be on the COD fanboys side whilst Sony and Nintendo come from asia where it is dominated by the RPG genre the biggest game in japan is the dragon quest series... an RPG. Many indie developers love creating RPG's because of the rich story and the great combat and character development it means. COD fanboys just want to shoot and talk about eachothers mothers all day so of course Xbone wont be seeing many RPG's how it got kingdom hearts 3 and WiiU didnt is a suprise because of Square Enix's past traditions.
Back to top Go down

Are we losing interest?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1