RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Thoughts on 'Cheating?'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18918

Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:11 am

What are your thoughts on using cheat codes in games?
Is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Cyrus
Galactic Boss
Galactic Boss
Cyrus

RPG Tokens : 5033

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 pm

In my opinion, no, it's not worth it. At least, not pre-finishing the game. All it does is waste the money you spent on the game by making it go faster. I see no reason not to after you've completed the game, as long as it's single player.

It's not okay to cheat in a multiplayer game. It ruins the play experience for other players.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:15 am

dasherscyrux wrote:
In my opinion, no, it's not worth it. At least, not pre-finishing the game. All it does is waste the money you spent on the game by making it go faster. I see no reason not to after you've completed the game, as long as it's single player.

It's not okay to cheat in a multiplayer game. It ruins the play experience for other players.
Thoughts on 'Cheating?' K3164

I agree, cheating wastes your experience you have with the game. It's kinda like a relationship Razz
And people that cheat in multiplayer games is just annoying, it's a waste of time and inconsiderant.
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

RPG Tokens : 7771

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:04 am

I don't like the idea of cheating. It makes me feel sick.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 8:06 am

YukikoX wrote:
I don't like the idea of cheating. It makes me feel sick.
This kind of sick? Vomit 
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:03 am

Ah. Kinda. I guess you could say it that way.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:35 am

You start throwing up?
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:58 am

No. The idea just makes me nauseous.
Back to top Go down
hunter117
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
hunter117

RPG Tokens : 5246

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Cheating is not a good way to play a game. Why spend 100 or so dollars for a game to just cheat on it?
Back to top Go down
http://gl4p.forumotion.com
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:25 pm

I agree. It takes all the fun out of playing the game.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:30 pm

YukikoX wrote:
No. The idea just makes me nauseous.  

Uhmmmmmmm.... Okay? Make sure you keep a bucket with you when you game!

hunter117 wrote:
Cheating is not a good way to play a game. Why spend 100 or so dollars for a game to just cheat on it?

I agree with this!

YukikoX wrote:
I agree. It takes all the fun out of playing the game.

Jolly Fair Dinkum!
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
Tapta
Active Poster
Active Poster
Tapta

RPG Tokens : 4110

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 am

I have never cheated.
Back to top Go down
Kaynil
Kaynil

RPG Tokens : 3955

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:58 am

Mah, it depends on what the cheat code actually does. I remember I had a blast playing Perfect Dark with my friends and using cheats that we unlocked as we went in the solo mission. Like making the characters heads and arms huge or rainbow paint instead of blood.

That said, I agree that using cheat codes in multi-player and exploiting glitches to get an unfair advantage is just disgraceful.

Using cheat codes for yourself that is more up to the person. I don't really care if they want to pass the game with cheats if they are having a blast. they are the ones that spend the money on it so they are the ones that can say of it is worth it or not.

Speaking for myself I coincide that I rather finish the game as it was meant to be played before I try tweaking it around with glitches, bugs and cheats. I rarely use chats and stuff because I simply have no patience nor see much of a point.

probably the only exception I can make is Grand Theft Auto games, specially San Andreas. Appearing vehicles and stuff was fun.
Back to top Go down
211classclown
211classclown

RPG Tokens : 3863

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:51 pm

I dont like to cheat on a game, I also dont like games that you can "buy" your way though. just defeats the point in my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
nolvorite
nolvorite

RPG Tokens : 3964

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 1:50 pm

I mean if you want to just get ahead in the game without working on it, then I guess "cheat codes" would be acceptable. I guess it isn't for those who actually want to work to get ahead in the game
Back to top Go down
http://gfxshack.jfbs.net
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Well; I guess once you have finished the game and you just want to test out features or something; I think that's totally acceptable Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suki
Suki

RPG Tokens : 3855

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:14 pm

In a non-multiplayer game, it shouldn't matter. The person who bought the game has the right to cheat if they so wish.

In fact, even some multiplayer games can be "cheated" at without getting in trouble for it. Many free-to-play games feature cash transactions that provide more powerful things than are available to free players, I would consider that to be close to cheating itself.
Back to top Go down
TheGrimm
TheGrimm

RPG Tokens : 3865

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 12:31 am

I think it would be a waste of money. And if you are playing on consoles, it stops you earning achievements. I love achievements  Joyfully Evil 
Back to top Go down
Luigi1632
Luigi1632

RPG Tokens : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Unless you've finished the game, I believe you should hold off on using cheats. I hope there are other games that do this, but Goldeneye 64 would prevent you from playing levels you haven't cleared if you had any sort of cheats on. In fact, you couldn't even use cheats for clearing the time trials in the levels. But it's sad that some of the cheats don't work in multi-player.

While we're on the subject... unless you and your friends are doing it for laughs, don't use cheats in multiplayer matches. It ruins the balance of the game when you do that.
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

RPG Tokens : 3993
Location : I don't know but I hope the lights switch back on soon.

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:25 am

I only really cheat in Minecraft(it is known as equivalent exchange), Skyrim(only the kill command), ratchet and clank 3(
Cheat code and what it does:
) and drawn to life(just player templates and I think I may have used the ammo cheat a few times.) and the Shrek 2 game (which is stupid BTW)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on 'Cheating?' Thoughts on 'Cheating?' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on 'Cheating?'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1