RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Scorched City

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tenshi
Tenshi

RPG Tokens : 3933

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 11:44 am

(A random RP appears out of nowhere! La Ninetales
Topaz made me do it <.<)

Balen was once a grand city, full of life. Now, the only life are those of monsters and a few survivors. After being hit with a flare bomb* 10 years ago, some of Balen's remaining citizens have inherited some... Unique powers. Will the monsters rule the city, or will civilization reclaim what was lost?
*Flare bombs are bombs that contain typical fantasy elements. Such as water, fire, earth, wind, etc.

Balen consists of 3 districts, Top district, Middle district and Lower district. Some areas in these districts aren't swarming with monsters, and are known as sub-safe zones (SSZ), safe zones (SZ) and untouched zones (UZ). Anywhere else is considered a high risk zone (HRZ) and should be avoided. OCs can start in SZ, UZ or SSZ zones, which one is your choice. However, OCs cannot start in HRZ zones, or undiscovered/unknown zones.
Areas known in Top District:
Main Street (SSZ)
Chapel (SZ) *This appears to not load for me, please tell me if it loads properly.
Survivor's Shelter (SZ/UZ) (Has large stone walls surrounding it with a large metal gate next to the garage)
Old Warehouse (Unknown Location, SZ)
Areas known in Middle District:
Middle District (SSZ)
Weald Street (SSZ)
Korlin's Hospital and Mall (HRZ)
Areas known in Lower District:
Airport (SSZ)
Aravel Park (HRZ)
Apartments (SSZ)
Revorn Bridge (SZ)
Koda Street (HRZ)
Train Tracks (SSZ)

Monster Handbook:
Alpha Zombie (Its midsection, cut it in half and it'll die instantly, deals moderate damage, can infect survivors)
Crof (Most common monster, usually dies in one, hard hit, deals minor damage)
Dredger (Waterbound, dies if it leaves water, deals huge amounts of damage) *Broken (Image was removed, just imagine some humanoid grey thing with holes in the side of it's head for ears, and it's entire face is a circular mouth riddles with sharp teeth.)
Hertol (Moves slowly, deals high damage)
Acolir and Puno (Acolir is the skeletal warrior, Puno is the large monster. No known weaknesses, deals huge amounts of damage)
Kyoris (Moves quickly, but can't dodge, deals moderate damage)
Komorph (Uses one head to let out a loud screech to render it's pray useless, the other head spits small balls of fire at said target, deals moderately high damage. Weak to water and ice based magic)
(Tell me if any of the picture links break over-time, I will try my best to replace them.)

Rules:
You can add monsters to the handbook.
Don't be excessively OP
Do not kill other OCs without permission
Do not remove the limbs off of another OC without permission
Guns exist, but are scarce and have limited ammo.
Swords and other medieval weapons exist in large amounts
Modern blades (butcher knives, machetes) exist in large amounts
Magic exists (Only fire, ice, water, earth, demon, angel and flight)
Angel magic is strictly healing magic
You have ethereal wings appear whenever healing someone. Heaven-Borns only.
Demon magic is strictly entropy magic
You can only choose one entropy skill tree to utilize
Flight magic is strictly Elven Half-breed magic
You can have 2 types of magic, exluding demon, angel and flight, which are passive magic depending on your race
The races include Human, Hell-Born(An elf, beastial or human gifted in demon magic), Heaven-Born (an elf, beastial or human gifted in angel magic), Elves and Beastial
Half breeds are allowed. Except Hell-Born and Heaven-Born hybrids
Modern clothing is allowed
Technology is a no no, small objects such as phones and iPods are allowed though.
NPCs can exist in SZ, UZ or SSZ areas. The appearance and name of the NPCs can be made by anybody.
NPCs cannot be killed without creator's permission
Monsters can be controlled by everyone, apart from Acolir and Puno and other monsters that are being controlled by someone else.
Monsters cannot take down the wall around Survivor's Shelter in a few posts.
Newspapers with more information about the Balen Apocalypse appear throughtout Balen the longer your OC survives. These add new monsters to the handbook, and more known areas OCs can travel too.

Existing NPCs:
Survivor's Shelter: Kara (grows crops with water magic), Nick (Surgeon, assists Kiana in nursing people back to suitable health), Toren (Blacksmith, creates medieval weapons with fire magic), Abigail (Survivor), Feo (Small Child, 8 years old) and Letsus (Survivor).

Character Card:

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Weapons:

Magic:

Skills:

History:

Misc.:

Name: Kegyr Foristeim

Race: Human/Elf half breed

Appearance:

Weapons: A Katana and a black pistol

Magic: Ice, Water and Flight

Wings:

Skills: Able to create high quality bullets from most metals

History: Having grown up in a post-apocalyptic world, Kegyr has learned that running is the best strategy to surviving. He also learned that being able to dodge attacks goes a long way when stuck in certain situations. He's never known who his parents are nor does he care who they are.

Misc.: Kegyr is a smartass at times, he is agile and can run quite fast, he is also bisexual.

Name: Kiana Foristeim

Race: Heaven-Born Human/Elf half breed.

Appearance:

Weapons: A kitchen knife

Magic: Angel and Water

Skills: She can jump really high

History: Growing up with Kegyr wasn't an easy life for Kiana, they were constantly moving, until they found the Shelter. She can't fight, so she stays at the Shelter, healing the sick and injured that Kegyr brings back from the streets. Kiana, like Kegyr, doesn't know her parents, nor does she care

Misc.: She's a afraid of dying and mentally scarred due to her experiences as the healer, does not have wings or the ability to fly.

Name: Unknown, known as The Author

Race: N/A

Weapons: N/A

Magic: N/A

Skills: N/A

History: N/A

Misc.: Responsible for the unknown appearances of newspapers throughout Balen.

(The Author may or may not be introduced later on)
Back to top Go down
http://agrph.forumotion.com/#
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

RPG Tokens : 4527
Location : Near a river. I'm not kidding. I could walk across a road and through the woods to the river, but that would be trespassing.

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm definitely going to sign up for this. Right now I'm a bit pressed for time, but I'll write an application out as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18918

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:04 am

Name: Calvin Zaborsky

Race: Human

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Weapons: A medium sized machete, a sheepfoot blade and a handgun which ran out of ammunition a few years ago.

Magic: He has weak water magic which has helped him survive for as long as he has.

Skills: Ever since the apocalypse broke out, he's adopted to his semi-abandoned surroundings and learnt how to hide away from the lurking evil. He also knows how to skillfully defend himself, as he used to be an army reserve.

History: Calvin had a small family of four - a Mother with Cancer, an abusive Dad which ran from the family when he was six and a caring sister which he watched being torn about by the jaws of a zombie. His Mother died a bit before he joined the army reserves.

Misc: He's tagged along with numerous groups over the ten years this has dragged on for, dropping out of some for safety reasons or because they've all been killed. Calvin generally prefers to be alone nowadays, rarely coming out of the apartment block he's temporarily declared as home for food and supplies.

Last edited by Anorak on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : [img][/img] tags for the appearance.)
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

RPG Tokens : 3993
Location : I don't know but I hope the lights switch back on soon.

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:36 am

Name:Ace Ao-Hikari

Sexuality:Bisexual

Age (5-20): 15

Race: Beastial-Elf

Appearance:

Weapons: Twin Pistols that he only uses when he must and
This:

Magic: Ice and Blue Fire

Skills:Stealthy, good night vision, fast

History:Ace grew up in Middle District. His mother and father were fighting to take the city back from the monsters. When he was 12 they were killed by monsters and Ace vowed to follow in his parents' foot steps and reclaim the city.

Current Location: Survivors Shelter.

Misc: Although he's generally fun, light hearted and easy to talk to, like everyone he has a dark side. (yep leaving it at that 'cause IDK what his dark side is. yet)

Name: Kanade Elendoor

Nickname: Kana

Race: Demon-Elf

Appearance:

Weapons: her magic and three Kunai.

Magic: Flight and Entropy-Skill Tree Drain Life

Skills: Her silent flight and excellent aim when throwing her Kunai

History: Kana lived in an orphanage up until she was 8 and ran away. all thought her life pure bread humans would beat her up for being a half breed and "inferior". She grew to hate the human race and all those who socialized with them. In the hard world that is all she can remember her she lives every day as it comes, focusing on survival. She has considered seeking refuge in the Survivor's Shelter but opted other wise.

(OK that's my chars copied now to try and NOT get them mixed up)
Back to top Go down
Tenshi
Tenshi

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 2:53 am

(I've gots to use a tablet <.< my laptop is being thrown out and I gotta wait two weeks until I can get everything off it and onto another laptop, any who, both are accepted.
You can start at any time you wish, though I'm gonna wait to see if more people join before I start mine)
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 6:52 am

Calvin Zaborsky drew the curtain back, looking through the spaces in the nailed wood and down at the road. From what he could see, things looked clear, other than the mangled Zombie and Crof corpses which had been there for the past few weeks. Sighing softly, he closed the curtain and turned away, glancing toward his dwindling food and water supply. Today would be a good time to go for a supply run, even if it's for a few scraps.

Picking his machete up from a rack attached to the wall, he swiftly slid it into the sheath which was strapped to the left side of his waist. He then left the room and entered a dark hallway, merely illuminated by the last rays the sun would provide for today - squirming through thin spaces in the curtains. The hallway was filled with dozens of other doors, just like the one he had come out of, except most of them had assorted heavy furniture pressed against them, reinforced in-case anything decided to come through. In the far left corner of the hallway was a short staircase, which he approached and jogged down softly, entering a small reception room which had been deprived of nearly all furniture.

Calvin then approached double doors, parallel from the reception desk, pushing away a medium sized cupboard before releasing several locks. He then opened the doors slightly, peeking out to double check the coast was clear before fully opening them, slipping out into the chilly air. Drawing his machete in his right hand, he began to jog down the road.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi
Tenshi

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 3:04 am

Kegyr stood on top of a tall building within The Shelter, stretching out his metallic wings as he prepared to go off on another search.

He had already found 7 people this week, 2 of which were alive and now under the protection of the thick walls surrounding the safe haven he called home. He hoped that he would find more people, and even more supplies.

Kegyr stood at the edge of what remained of the old roof and jumped off. He glided for a few moments before moving his wings in the regular flapping motion. He slowly increased the speed he was flying at as he headed towards the gates that divided the Middle District from the Top District.

Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 11:07 pm

((@JustTopaz waiting for you.))
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:09 am

(gomen! gomen!)

Ace walked round Middle District, looking for anything that could be of use in this ruined world. His foot kicked something laying on the ground. Picking it up to find it was a lighter. He stuffed it in his pocket and continued walking.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:49 am

The road contained the familiar smell of blood, the vines which were entwined around the buildings hardly visible due to the fog which lingered in the streets. He turned a corner, entering a small laneway which seperated a variety of shops, most of them crumbled to the ground or boarded up. Calvin had raided one of the shops a week ago, gaining a stale piece of bread and a few bottles of water, which proved to be extremely helpful, as he was able to fill them up using his weak water magic.

He left the alleyway and came to a broader street, most of the buildings here being houses. He slowed his pace and approached one of the houses, choosing one at random to explore. He opened the door slowly, stepping into the room and closing it behind him. Calvin then moved toward a nearby kitchen, which looked seemingly empty, the paint peeling off the dozens of cupboards which lined the walls. About to open one of the cupboard, he heard a loud groan emenating from upstairs, followed by the sound of thudding footsteps. He sucked in his breath and began to slowly edge away, slowly and quietly approaching the door - until he bumped into a pan which had been left on the ground, tripping over and making a loud thud.

The groaning got louder and the footsteps began to get faster - the creature upstairs beginning to howl strangely, calling to it's comrades. Calvin quickly scrambled to his feet, scrapping the idea of being stealthy as he lunged toward the door, flinging it open to reveal two alpha zombies - both of them shuffling toward him, drool dripping from their twisted and bloody mouths. Heart beating, he quickly ran past them, slicing his machete through the abdomen of one. The creature from the top floor of the house he'd just left smashed through one of the windows, landing directly in front of him - a crof.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi
Tenshi

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 11:03 am

Kegyr arrived at the gates, swiftly flying down the massive set of stairs that citizens used to use to travel between districs? There was going to a renovation on the stairs, turning some into a road, and the rest, covered escalators.

He shifted his wings and shot up into the air, stopping at a certain altitude and then slowly flew towards the ground.
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 11:27 am

Ace turned a corner to see someone being attacked by a crof. He grabbed his gun with his right hand, hopping he wouldn't need it but read anyway. He shot five spikes of ice from his left hand at the monster.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi
Tenshi

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:11 pm

Kegyr had walked around, searching to see if there was anyone around. He kept his wings prepared, in case he needed to fly at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Calvin released his breath as the Crof slumped to the ground, gaping holes filled with ice embedded into it's chest. He looked past the beast, to see a strange looking person, which looked to be rather young - gun held in one hand. Scrambling to his feet, he turned around to the sound of moans, slicing off one of the zombie's heads, before slicing away at it's torso, blood spattering everywhere. He then looked down at the road he came, obscured by thick fog which four alpha zombies broke through.

Calvin looked back at the boy, then at the slowly shuffling zombies, before running toward him, "No point fighting. We need to get out of here." He said, passing her as he ran through a thin alleyway.

Last edited by Anorak on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:13 pm

(Ano. Ace's Elven features(his elf ears) aren't really visible. the first thing you'd notice about him are his cat ears. )
(Wow Wait what girl?)
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 12:10 am

(For some reason, I always mistaken your characters for girls. Most probably has something to do with the fact that, uh, you're a girl. I'll edit my post. >.<)
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 10:22 pm

(All hail the beautiful one liners!)
Ace followed the man into the small alleyway.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Calvin Klein licked his lips.
Back to top Go down
GonFreecs
Elite
Elite
GonFreecs

RPG Tokens : 4020

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 3:27 am

Anorak wrote:
Calvin Klein licked his lips.
Hey Anorak can u read my pm?
Im back here
I hope you can remember me Its been 3 years now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scorched City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorched City Scorched City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorched City