RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Ebbing Light <OoC>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18918

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:05 pm

Ebbing Light
When the Light Beckons, the Darkness Shines

Ebbing Light <OoC> Divider_i_by_rbsrdesigns-d353f7e

Prologue:

Ebbing Light <OoC> Dark_fantasy_landscape_concept_by_doppingqnk-d6yal55

With the world plunged into ruin, only few survivors stand to witness the end of the world. That darkness which was told in folktales has landed and the population rapidly decreases by day, and even more, by night.

A nightmare so dark, only the hardiest of survivors can stand to live, with no kings, no queens, no knights. No protection. No safety. Nothing but darkness, and a light which wishes to thrive.

This is your story, of survival, of adventure, of darkness, of betrayal. This is the beginning, but also your ending.

Ebbing Light <OoC> Divider_i_by_rbsrdesigns-d353f7e

Character Applications:

Rules:

Basically a sandbox role play based around the concept of a dark fantasy world, plunged by creatures such as skeletons, dragons, orcs, goblins, wraiths and the such. You're a survivor, either with a group of warriors or alone, scavenging for supplies and desperately clinging to hope.

Magic is allowed, and races such as elves can be used. If you're going to use a race which is seemingly unorthodox or going to incorporate a skill you're not sure about, just ask in this topic, please.

Have fun with the role play, and the best of luck with your trek for survival.
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Name: Vyth Charnak
Age: 117, he claims, but he's honestly lost track of his age through the slow days which dwindle by and drag on.
Race: Dark Elf
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance:

Ebbing Light <OoC> Vyth_by_emortal982-d7lqfuw
Thanks to Immortal for making this image.

Vyth is attired with a dark set of armor, which is partially concealed with a black cloak, highlighted with specks of gold which run along the edges. His armor is considerably lightweight and blends in with the darkness easily, able to move without making much noise compared to the other heavy, compact armors which clang together when moving.

Vyth's face is addorned with tattoos, which was given in his early days as a child, a custom in his clan he was part of. He also has further tattoos on his torso which are similar to the ones on his face.

Fears: Vyth fears the world staying in its darkened state, and hopes to see it prosper to it's once light state once again. This also leads to his fear of death or failure, and likes to win or have a feeling of accomplishment with most things.
Skills: Vyth is skilled with archery and short range attack, able to quickly take someone out without them being given a chance to scream. He's quick, good with running and a good throw when it comes to knives. He is equipped with a sharp dagger which he can easily throw at long distances.

Sword:

Dagger:

History: Vyth was formerly part of a clan of dark elves which resided in the more cold side of the lands, hiding in the looming mountains and relying on the wildlife which would roam freely through the barren areas they hopped from. He had been with the clan for 115 years before the darkness broke out, ripping them apart when he was out hunting. All he came back to was mangled corpses and blood, scattered across the snow he'd use as a bed.

Ever since his departure from the mountains, he's continued hopping from place to place, moreso on scavenging skills, rather than wildlife, as most of it has been decimated. It has taken him a while to adapt to the warmer lands, and eating the stale foods which have been left for many years, rather than the fresh animal meat he could easily cook over fires.
Other: Vyth is currently alone and is not looking for any companions to accompany him. He has been alone ever since the darkness broke out and wants to keep it that way. He is extremely sensitive when it comes to trust and will kill if he has to, not relenting with his actions.

Last edited by Anorak on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

RPG Tokens : 4419

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 2:43 am

Name: T'ief

Appearance: 
T'ief:
I'll pretty the image up a bit later on.

Fears:Losing his skills. Losing people he cares about. He fears the possible outcome of over using his Teleport skill. He fears the darkness, and the light. He fears what the future of the current events may hold.

Skills:Master of close range combat with knives, daggers, and staves especially. Has a short range teleport he can use twice a day. Any more than twice, and he risks damaging his mind beyond medical, or magical repair. Born and raised by a thieves guild, he is obviously a master thief. Pick pocketing, lock picking, stealth, he’s quite adept at all many of sneakery. 

History: Born to the leader of a Thieve's Guild, T'ief was named after his family business. Gold, jewelry, lives, He stole it all. As most thieves are, his father was eventually captured, and killed for his years of thievery and murder. This freed T'ief of the guild's binds, and allowed him the joy of traveling the world, meeting new people. He isn't looking for a group, but if he finds one he likes, he'd be as happy as an Orc in war to join them.

Other: N/A

Last edited by Atlin on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Tales_of_the_Equinox/index.php?
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

RPG Tokens : 3993
Location : I don't know but I hope the lights switch back on soon.

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:16 am

Name: Kyuu Yume
Sexuality: straight
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fears: losing her will to fight or not being able to fight.
Skills: moving unseen, lock picking, pick pocketing, fighting with a knife and her Katana.
History: she can't remember anything of her past prior to age 20. She's somewhat of a Robin Hood. She robs from the few rich aristocrats and give money and goods to the poor and starving (with the deduction of a small finders fee of course)
Other:

Last edited by JustTopaz on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

RPG Tokens : 4527
Location : Near a river. I'm not kidding. I could walk across a road and through the woods to the river, but that would be trespassing.

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 4:03 am

Name: Fundy
Appearance:
Ebbing Light <OoC> Sram_f10
Weapons: Those knives in the picture above that come out of her sleeve. Or rather, shoot out.
Fears: Unknown as of now
Skills: Can become invisible, has power over the air around her (can make a whip out of wind, for example), and is uber good at making death traps of all sorts.
History: Would prefer to keep it dark and secret and silent... like herself.
Other: Nothing really... just be careful what you say to Fundy. Her name might sound funny, but her wrath surely isn't.

Her kind are called Srams, and they are a class of assasins.

--------------

Name: Abacus
Appearance:
Ebbing Light <OoC> Screen10
Weapons: He has two katanas slung over his back, even though he isn't Japanese. Then he has two simple but sharp daggers hidden in his rags.
Fears: None currently known.
Skills: Whenever he is attacked, he gets more energy! Technically, he can't be killed, unless you know his secret name, or he uses one of those spells that makes him lose energy as well. His secret name is written on a piece of paper and kept in a bottle, and, if somebody has that bottle, he/she controls Abacus's life. For instance, they could kill him on command.
History: ... well, you know it's full to the brim of violence and manic happiness and bloodshed.
Other: Be careful of this guy too; you don't want to be on his bad side.

His kind are called Sacriers, and they are a class of beserkers.

Last edited by Brutality on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edits)
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 11:36 am

Alright, this is partly my lack of sleep, and partly my years of having to deal with this stuff.

No one is fearless. Absolutely no one. If you want to have a calm, collected character than doesn't show fear, fine. A blood crazed berserker that revels in the anguish of his enemies? Awesome. They WILL fear something though. No man, women, child, or demon is immune to fear.

On a more specific note. I would think it goes against the God-Modding rule to have an "almost" immortal character. He has no history, which means he has no ties, and no way outside of his direct telling us for us to find his super secret special magic name.

There are more complaints, but they're minor, and I'm at work.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Location : Near a river. I'm not kidding. I could walk across a road and through the woods to the river, but that would be trespassing.

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:16 am

Changed it slightly, so that Abacus doesn't really know what he's afraid of and his secret name is in a little bottle close by somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 4:21 am

Atlin wrote:
No one is fearless. Absolutely no one. If you want to have a calm, collected character than doesn't show fear, fine. A blood crazed berserker that revels in the anguish of his enemies? Awesome. They WILL fear something though. No man, women, child, or demon is immune to fear.

On a more specific note. I would think it goes against the God-Modding rule to have an "almost" immortal character. He has no history, which means he has no ties, and no way outside of his direct telling us for us to find his super secret special magic name.

I forgot to reply to this earlier (which was a long time ago), and I agree. Currently in the process of fixing this up. Sorry.

EDIT: Added a history, fears and a more in-depth description of my character. If you had any other suggestions, I wouldn't mind hearing them.
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:01 pm

I don’t at the moment. I’m sure I’ll have someth- Actually, I do have something, yes. I’ll refer to a previous post I made in Hunter’s, Room for Improvement, topic.

“I would suggest actually RPing. A response like "Let's fly!" is rather pathetic coming from the topic starter. As it's YOUR thread, you're held to a high standard than the rest of the players, as they rely on you for general direction and plot advancement. I understand that not everyone wants to type out 3 paragraphs a post, but I can assume that most people would prefer to read a few sentences over a single statement.

You need to emote, not state. It’s all to easy to have your character say how they feel, or use punctuation to accentuate it, but explaining it, telling the story of the emotion will draw people in.

‘Hunter peered out over the cliff’s edge, the sky stained in red and orange as the Dragons before him danced in the wind. Such a sight, the likes of which he had never expected his eyes to meet, left him in awe. ‘

Something like that. You need to treat each post like a blank canvas, and use the words you type to paint the scene of the moment.”

EDIT 1: I think I’ll leave it at that, to keep from getting preachy. No matter how much good I mean, it comes across as (NOTE: 13 different words, Cyrus. THIRTEEN. None of them seemed site appropriate. So I went with this, even though it’s not quite what I meant.) mean, when I go on to long.

EDIT 2: I also expanded on T’ief a bit.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 2:10 am

Alright, I think I'll close applications on the weekend and get the role play starting then. If anyone else is interested in joining, please do so before Saturday.

Cat 2
Back to top Go down
HellaJoe
The Scribe
The Scribe
HellaJoe

RPG Tokens : 5052

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:49 am

Daichi
Quote :
Ebbing Light <OoC> Ninja_64
Image courtesy of katmaSutra.
Name: He knows that his given name is Daichi, though he has forgotten if he had ever had a surname of any sort. Age: His age is uncertain, though he reckons he is reaching his twilight years. Gender: Male. Sexuality: Heterosexual. Appearance: As he appears in the given picture, Daichi has the figure of a strong yet old man, sporting a grey mustache and weathering all the years he has spent wondering the Earth aimlessly. Also, he is not actually made of bronze, that's just a statue. Fears: Losing the scrap of memory he has remaining that keeps him attached to what he knows of his roots. Skills: He is skilled in his art, which he had learnt from when he was a very young boy, but as his memory has betrayed him he has no clue what it is. History: He remembers hailing from a land filled with great warriors with a culture of honour and respect, a time where he had mastered his art of sword-fighting and lived with his family. However, this all remains fuzzy as events which lie outside his knowledge whisked him from his home and sent him on a long walk in a very straight line. Other: Just to strengthen the point, he is not made of bronze. The picture is of a statue.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:52 pm

The In Character topic is open, you can visit it by clicking HERE! Please refrain from posting an OoC in that topic, and keep that for this topic.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 am

Brutality and JustTopaz, could you please make a post?
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Yes sir.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:43 pm

I'll post later today.

Just something to add, if we could all use appropriate grammar, that would be appreciated. Totally not prominantly directing this to Mr. Blackwater's post. It's just easier for people to understand and read. Also, if people could keep their posts logical. For example, if you saw skeletons under a tree, would you subtly walk off? What would you do if you were in the situation?

Just helps the role play flow a bit better, I guess and makes the posts a good read. If you're posts need to be long to achieve that, then it'd be a good idea to do that. Just a bit more effort, please, if you guys didn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:06 am

While I can agree with the post length/detail and grammar notes, that said, I've had characters that would walk away, simply because they wouldn't have cared about whoever the skeletons were after. Just the same, I've had characters that would have joined the skeletons and attacked our heroes.

It’s not so much his walking away, as much as it is his very loud exclimation, drawing of his weapons, introduction and then...Well, he sheathed a weapon, a vital life saving tool, and he put it away after making himself known. He’s either very confident, or pretty sure Vyth and T’ief can handle the Skellingtons. I’m all for the vote of confidence on T’ief’s part, but I’m a little bias here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ebbing Light <OoC> Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ebbing Light <OoC> Ebbing Light <OoC> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebbing Light <OoC>

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1