RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

how could i improve both my role playing and creation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

RPG Tokens : 4448

how could i improve both my role playing and creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: how could i improve both my role playing and creation how could i improve both my role playing and creation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:50 am

Your grammar, for one. "absically", I'm not even sure what word you meant. You need to capitalize "I", at all times when referring to yourself, as well as the first letter in the entire statement. a period at the end, and general puncuation would help.

It's hard to make an RP that people will care about when you have posts that run on forever with no remnant of grammatical care in them.

World creation is another beast entirely. Different people have different ways of creating worlds. I spend days making mine. Fleshing them out, making them as real as they can be, and then write a short story in that world to see if it reads well. a world is very much a living creation, make sure, above all else when creating one, that you give it the attention and respect it deserves. Give it plant life, and animals, and a civilization. Not just a description. Make the reader, and more so, the players, WANT to be there.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Tales_of_the_Equinox/index.php?
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18947

PostSubject: Re: how could i improve both my role playing and creation how could i improve both my role playing and creation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 11:07 am

I think you need to work on your grammar, punctuation and speeling a bit more; putting a tad more care into your posts to ensure others can read and understand them. With Atlin's post above, he makes many good points, so I think I'll leave my post at this.
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: how could i improve both my role playing and creation how could i improve both my role playing and creation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:22 am

Anorak wrote:
I think you need to work on your grammar, punctuation and speeling

Yes, your 'speeling' needs attention, as well as grammar and punctuation.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Galactic Boss
Galactic Boss
Cyrus

RPG Tokens : 5062

PostSubject: Re: how could i improve both my role playing and creation how could i improve both my role playing and creation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Other than grammar, there's not too much help that can be given overall. You mostly learn this stuff through experience. I can say that you should always aim to make your character believable and relatable.
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

RPG Tokens : 4448

PostSubject: Re: how could i improve both my role playing and creation how could i improve both my role playing and creation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Not exactly. Crazy characters can be the most fun, if the RP allows them to work well in the world. Cyrus was right on two points, and wrong on one. Experience is the best thing you could ever get to help you. I also agree that your characters should always be believable.

That said, I have to disagree with hi on the point of characters always needed to be relatable. Making a character relatable, is as broad as saying “Give the character a name.”  For something to be relatable, you have to know what we’ll relate to. It’s a common movie mistake to give the protagonist all manner of “common” flaws and personality quirks. I get it though, they’re supposed to be our window into their world. That’s not always a good thing though.

Believability, above all else, should be the focus. Make the character just as much of a living thing as you or I are. Relatability is found in the individual readers’ minds, not in a character’s personality description.

Everything else is found in experience.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Tales_of_the_Equinox/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how could i improve both my role playing and creation how could i improve both my role playing and creation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how could i improve both my role playing and creation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1