RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

The Hunger Games <IC>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18940

The Hunger Games <IC> Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 3:42 am

The Hunger Games
Destruction. Darkness. Death.

The Hunger Games <IC> Post-divider

Prologue

The man gripped his daughter's long-sleeved shirt, pulling her into his chest, letting sobs wrack through his sturdy frame. She recoiled wearily, pushing away his arms, "No," She shook her head, letting the tears fall from her eyes, "Please, Papa - don't go. Please. I need you."

The man let one of his hands fall to his side, using the other to caress his daughter's cheek. "We talked about this, Clarence." He said a little too hastily, his head swivelling backward to see the massive ships move over the district. "This is the only way." He let one last smile blossom up on his lips as he let a metal object fall from his hand, dropping it into hers. He leant forward and subtly whispered something, before turning away - sprinting through the forest.

The girl dropped to her knees, sobbing quietly - unable to glance up at her father as the tears patted on the forest floor beneath. She clenched her hand around the object, unable to stop quivering as rain began to pat down on her - finding its way through the thick canopy above.

Story Outline

Destruction. Darkness. Death. Activists have began to rebel against the Hunger Games, arousing hope across Earth and the twelve districts. Something which could possibly end in widespread corruption and the death of many. With riots beginning across every district, and the army trying to maintain peace - hundreds are slaughtered in the process, rendering nearly every district somewhat useless in the Hunger Games system.

With the activists perishing beneath the Capitol's grasp and power being regained across the districts, the deaths have stopped the Hunger Games - a solution in dire for this problem. Without much thinking, the Council organize the transferral a portion of capitol children - using a method of conscription to allocate them to a district. At least three hundred children are mercilessly removed from their families, friends and homes - dumped in the horrid lifestyle the districts have to offer.

The Hunger Games live on, and there's no way of escape - no glimmer of hope. Not this time. All hope has been quenched by the ones in power. Unless you can be the one to provide hope and bring Earth to a civil and equal state. And cease the Hunger Games once and for all.

Hope.

Basic Rules:

Before Entering this Role Play:

We start inside one of the luxurious Capitol trains, pulsing toward District Twelve - still recovering from the destruction and riots which were caused by the rebellion. You are crowded on the carriages with numerous other children - all plucked from their normal lives and parents to possibly die in the Hunger Games. Or even win.

THIS TOPIC IS FOR ROLE PLAY POSTS ONLY.
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:58 am

Kale Flynn looked up, his soft, brown eyes attentively flickering around the rather crammed space - the metallic walls glaring back at him. He swiveled his head around at the other children which sat around him, all considerably glum and drawn back. Afterall, they'd been stripped from everything they'd be possessed, taken away from their families and diminished to a mere slave in Earth's way of living.

He opened his mouth, wanting to say something - at least greet himself in this new group of people he would be living with. Possibly, for the rest of his life. Kale gave out a sigh, making it somewhat loud as he ran a hand through his hair, picking up specks of perspiration before placing both hands in his lap with contempt, his eyes darting toward the guard which stood at the door - a gun held in one hand, slouched over his armored shoulder. He didn't even move, not even flinch when someone passed him - just staring at the cluster of people through the jet black visor.
Back to top Go down
HellaJoe
The Scribe
The Scribe
HellaJoe

RPG Tokens : 5074

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:01 am

Thoughts raced through Alfred's head as his eyes darted around the room. He had cemented what he had assumption and as he looked around at who he was up against it made itself more pronounced in the back of his mind.

He was probably going to be the first to die.
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

RPG Tokens : 4015
Location : I don't know but I hope the lights switch back on soon.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:39 am

Ace Stood in the corner of the train hugging Alice at him. How could they do this to her! She's only 6! Ace mentally fumed his hatred for his old home building. He'd always hated the games and now he was being taken away from his parents to be part of the thing he hated. this isn't fair. Not on Me, Not on Alice, Not on anyone in this Carage!
"Ace. You're hurting me." His sister squeaked.
"Sorry Alice." He said and loosened his arms. These were the first words he had spoken since the letter arrived saying that he and Alice were to be transported to the districts.
"It'll be OK." She said and hugged his hand. How can She be so sure of that!?
"Yes, Yes it will be. I'll make sure of it." He said his usually warm, happy eyes cold and hard as stone.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8489

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Rose-Beth looked around the train. It was making stops periodically, letting kids off at their new district. It was working backwards from the first district and they had already made three stops. With each stop, names were read off, so no one really knew which district they were going to.
The first time they called names, the kids perked up. District 1 is not a bad district. But no many kids were called off. And with each name call, the kids got a little more deflated.
Rose-Beth had claimed a seat by the window, ignoring the noises of the others. She preoccupied her time with watching as the trees passed. She imagined there was a bird following the train, waiting as each kid got off to fly them back home. But even her imagination couldn't muster that sort of creativity at the moment. The bird faded along with any hope for her going back home.
Rose-Beth had cried when she left, but now she was just a little curious with a bunch of under lying fear. The idea of establishing a life in a place she had never even seen before was scary. The fact that her name now went into the call for the Hunger Games had not even crossed her mind, because she was too worried about how she was going to survive away from home.
Rose-Beth's hands itched, she needed to draw. She had a small bag of things she could bring, her father wouldn't let her fill it with art supplies like she wanted. Instead, Rose-Beth had a small sketch book and some pencils, the only thing to fit after she had stuffed as many clothes in there as possible. She took them out now, drawing what she could remember of her parents, because in the letter it even stated that you would never get to see them again, and Rose-Beth didn't want to forget what they looked like.
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:53 am

(hey now do we know where we're getting dropped off. What's the plan @Anorak. Is there one?)
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

RPG Tokens : 8113

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 3:54 am

Nemo sat in the silvery train with a stale look on his face, he noticed many people in the train but they all were from different families from the capital. He pondered in his mind that if this was the right choice for the government to send adolescent children away from the capital. He raised his voice with a tremble, he didn't know if he could trust these people so early. "He... hello"
Back to top Go down
Chicka Dixon
VIP
VIP
Chicka Dixon

RPG Tokens : 3689
Location : I'm in me Mum's car. Vroom Vroom. We're going too fast.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:06 am

As Marcel looked around the train, he noticed kids from around 6 to his age. If he was put in this Hunger games it was going to be really easy. Though he was unsure about some of the people his age. He started making plans and practicing tying knots ready to set up his traps.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:21 am

(@black+knight who are you talking to?)
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

RPG Tokens : 7793

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 4:45 am

(sorry. Something I forgot to mention in my character submission: my character's insanity also consists of dual personality and schizophrenia)

Carmile sat in the furthest corner of the train. Her head hung low and her cap over her eyes. She traced the three matching scars on her face with her fingers. "1...2...3..." She traced them again. "1...2...3..." She looked up at the children in the carriage. She counted them. "1...2...3... They'll be the first three to die." She started to laugh, trying to hide it at first, then allowing it to burst from her mouth. It was loud in the quiet. She covered her mouth, trying as hard as she could to stop, but the more she tried, the funnier it was. Eventually, she gave up, laughing long and hard. Slowly, she exhausted herself from laughing so much. "Isn't this great?" she whispered. "All these people are going to die. And a lot of them are going to die by my hand!" Her eyes widened with joy, a grin plastered on her face.

Her smile faded and her eyes grew sad, her rationality returning to her. "I don't like it when you say stuff like that. Keep those thoughts to yourself, Natsuki." Her voice was barely a whisper now. She was sure she was getting strange looks from everyone. She looked up and smiled as sweetly as she could. "Don't mind me. I have issues." She laughed again, Natsuki returning. "Yeah. Lots of issues." She laughed again, louder than before. When she stopped, she looked at everyone, a grin plastered on her face. "Don't you think it's funny? We were all sent out here to die. Isn't that slightly entertaining?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 9:03 am

Clarence looked around him. All this luxury and expensive stuff. It disgusted him. The Capitols were poor and starving, and the Capitol had more stuff then they could use. He looked at the children around him. Young and old, all forced to get ready for a fight to the death that was for the sole purpose of entertaining the Capitol. That was the thing that disgusted him the most. He went over to the boy who was sitting with a stale look on his face. "Hullo" he said glumly.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Kale looked toward the young lady which let nonsense spill from her mouth, harsh words which penetrated right through him, forcing him to close his eyes and try his best to block the thoughts. Her words. He insane laughing. At least people had began talking, or at least saying hello; that was the only positive he had seen transpire on this train so far. Other than that, this girl was ruining everything with her twisted words.

Abruptly, he his eyes flashed open at the sound of another person's voice, much more close this time. Looking to his right, he noticed a young man which was dressed casually and seated next to him. Hesitating with his words, he shuffled to his left, creating some distance between himself and the stranger. "Uh... I guess?" He said, looking away from the adolescent and out the tinted windows, trying to ignore the random which had approached him. He just wanted to be alone right now.
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 12:09 am

"So... How did you guys happen to be picked for such a occasion?" he asked with a smirk which showed on his face.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 12:12 am

"Well, we got reaped, remember." He said, disgusted by the boys humour of this. He left him, and walked over to his friend. "Hey Kale" he said, slumping himself into a chair. "Who's your friend?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 12:16 am

Kale glanced over at Clarence, noticing him from the school he had gone to at the Capitol. What was his name? Clarence Montler? "Hey." He said, his voice slightly more enlightened from seeing someone he had known prior to being placed in this train. "I don't know who this is." He said, giving a glance back at the boy which had sat next to him.
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 12:20 am

"Oh, Okay. Thats nice to know" he nodded. He looked around and counted eleven people. "Why is there only Eleven people?" he asked concernly.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8489

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 am

Rose-Beth peaked up when the girl started to talk. She met her eyes from across the train and saw the insanity in them. She frowned and put her feet up on the seat, bringing her picture up to block out everyone else. But she could still hear the laughter coming from the girl, sending icy chills though her blood.
Rose-Beth traced the outline or her father's nose several times, wanting to make sure it looked correct. Finally she got it, a hit of a smile came to her face. Her eyes glazed over for a moment as she looked into the eyes that she drew on her page, her parents looking back at her. Rose-Beth bit her lip, wishing that she was still with them.

"I hope she can make it." Her mother's soft voice came in though the crack in her bed room door, a few nights before Rose-Beth had to leave.
"I worry for her." Her father said. "She hardly sees what is going on around her, unless she is looking for something to draw."
Rose-Beth did hear her mother's reply, but she knew that her mother shook her head yes, her soft bronze hair rubbing her shoulders with the movement.
"And she will have to work. I have gotten information that she will me in District 12, the worst one. I was nearly fired when they found out I was looking at the records. But I had to. Rose-Beth will have to toughen up or she will never make it." Rose-Beth's father's usually cool and calm voice was firm iin what he said.
Rose-Beth huddled close in her blankets that night, determined to make her life work here. For her family more then herself. She wanted to make them proud.

Rose-Beth wiped the tears from her cheeks before anyone could see them. She did not want to be seen as weak. She looked around the train, seeing a group start to form. She did not know any of them, but she quickly observed their faces, seeing the shapes, lines, and colours of them. She opened to a new page in her sketch book, wanting to lose herself in her art for as long as she could.
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

RPG Tokens : 7793

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:52 am

Carmile laughed more as she saw a tear well in one of the other girl's eyes. she stopped abruptly."Natsuki stop it. You're scaring people." She stood and made her way through the crowd toward the girl who was crying. She looked at the picture she was drawing and smiled. "It's beautiful," she said with a smile. She tried not to think about what Natsuki had said. "People are going to die. I hope you are the one who kills me." She smiled again and walked back to her spot on the carridge before Natsuki came back. "Tsch. You're such a softy."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 am

Clarence looked at his hand. "Messiah, Blake Mesiah." He said, pushing away the hand. He saw no point in shaking a hand that in a few days would be dead and lifeless. "Kale, where's Marcel?"
Back to top Go down
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Alice smiled, "Come on Ace Everyone's moving and talking and making friends; you should too." She giggles childishly as she pulled him towards the last person anyone sane would want to talk to. "Hi I'm Alice and this is Ace." The little girl said showing no sign of fear or mistrust. Obviously she'd missed the part about everyone dieing by this girl's hand.
Ace mentally sighed, she was right he should make friends; but why this girl surly there were a plenty more sane people on this train.
"Yo." he said finally.
Back to top Go down
HellaJoe
The Scribe
The Scribe
HellaJoe

RPG Tokens : 5074

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:31 am

Alfred, terrified at the earlier outburst from the woman, had his shirt pulled over his head and was hugging his legs to the rest of his body, rocking in the spot and trying to block out the situation at hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games <IC> The Hunger Games <IC> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games <IC>

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next