RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Of the Ruins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

RPG Tokens : 4556
Location : Near a river. I'm not kidding. I could walk across a road and through the woods to the river, but that would be trespassing.

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Hello, fellow canid. May you be a fox, some sort of dog, a wolf, a coyote, jackal, whatever, you are a survivor of the bombing of London. It is unknown currently whether there are any human survivors, but there a few other animals wandering about. Some cats, birds flying overhead, but most of all, rats. Hordes and hordes of rats. You may want to stay away from them; some of them have a likening for blood.

To all who want to join, just post a pic of your character(s) and jump right in. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18947

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:33 pm

(Are we able to communicate with one another in this role play, even thought we will be animals?)
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Location : Near a river. I'm not kidding. I could walk across a road and through the woods to the river, but that would be trespassing.

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:38 am

(yus. you may speak any language. Smile)
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:44 am

Of the Ruins Artic_Fox___Artistic_Fox__by_ArtisticFox

Lupa.

Lupa raised his snout upward and inhaled the polluted air, receiving the same scent of smoke once again. He brushed one paw against the ground, exhaling loudly before continuing to move through the destroyed city, occasionally jumping over a load of rubble which lay in the middle of the road.

With a parched throat and sore eyes, Lupa slumped against a pile of stones which had been placed near the wall of a building. Food was becoming extremely scarce, as most of it was taken by the other animals - and the animals which took it were savage and wild. Lupa didn't dare approach any of them, as they would kill him with one swipe of the paw, ceasing his existence on this destroyed city he used to reside comfortable in, until the humans made this place a wreck.

Lupa's eyes closed after a few seconds of thinking and he fell into an uneasy slumber, the thoughts of his parents and family striking him every time he settled into sleep.
Back to top Go down
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

RPG Tokens : 8120

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:04 am

(Can I be a camel??)
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:44 pm

(Uh, you can be any type of canid you want, but not any other species. Sorry! Very Happy)

<-- see profile pic for ref

MAERSK

The grey wolf looked over his shoulder, pausing from walking down the alleyway. Had he seen movement? His stormy grey orbs scanned the area behind him. No. There was nothing. He must have been imagining...

A little flick of white caught his drifting gaze, and the big male twisted his body around. He planted his feet apart, digging his large claws into the cracks in the asphalt. After hearing nothing amiss, he relaxed and padded forward. Maersk sniffed the air, tipping his muzzle up toward the dark clouds, somewhere beyond which was the sun. A clear scent filled his nostrils, a peaceful, aromatic one, like unpolluted air from a grassy meadow. He filled his lung with it, then started forward again.

He saw the fox. Stark white again the dark ground, the fluffy balls of white slept fitfully at Maersk's feet. In any normal circumstance, such as a walk in the meadow, if the large loup had come across such a gem, nothing would stop him from chowing down. But now the air was strife with fear and darkness, and a symbol of peace was rare. Therefore, hungry though he was, Maersk refrained himself from an attack, and satisfied himself by watching the fox sleep.

He decided he would be a protector of this "holder of peace", and, after looking around quickly, flopped down, his front legs extended in front of his chest. Content with just watching the fox's chest rise and fall, and hearing faint puffs of air being exhaled from the small dark nose, Maersk settled down and placed his head on his paws, his auds erect. The big wolf seemed peaceful enough, but if he heard anything wrong, he'd be up and snarling in a flash.

Maersk watched a rat scurry away, after seeing him. He smiled, his stormy eyes mirroring the clouds above. "Beware, intruders," he murmured to himself.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 9:29 am

Lupa’s eyes instantly flashed open to see the large, white and grey speckled wolf to thumb by him, making his fur instantly stand on end – a common thing which would occur when he was nervous. The huge wall of vapour slowly manifested before him, showing most of the animal’s features. He could either attack this animal which was unorthodoxly residing beside him in the dusty asphalt or pretend to be asleep until it re-located.

Locked in the status of indecision, Lupa huffed loudly, trying to get the creature’s attention which was partially hidden in the fog. At least its large presence warded off the majority of the cold which rushed toward him – other than that, this animal’s presence was a strange occurrence. The animal mustn’t have heard him the first time so he noisily cleared his throat before inhaling and exhaling vociferously. An expressionless face masked Lupa as it stared at the animal, cocking his head to the side. It looked somewhat… familiar – the distinctive body shape and colour of the fur reminded him of a wolf he had seen a few weeks ago, prowling these long-dead streets.

Lupa’s head returned to its normal composition and he waited for the wolf to react to his brusque sounds, a slight smile tugging at his lips.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 5:02 pm

A small movement of the fox attracted Maersk's eye; the fox had opened his eyes. They were crystal blue against his white fur, amazing periwinkles of beauty. He seemed startled upon seeing Maersk there-- his fur stood on end-- and he had all rights to do so, for Maersk had appeared out of nowhere.

The fox huffed loudly, perhaps in attempt to attract Maersk's attention. Maersk stayed in the same position he was in before the fox woke up, his paws extended in front of him, his large head cocked and relaxed, his grey eyes fixated on the fox. There was no indication that he had heard the fox, but on the inside he was quite amused.

The fox, apparently thinking that Maersk didn't know he was awake, cleared his throat loudly and began a series of noisily breathing in and out. Then the fox cocked his head, looking at Maersk curiously. Then the white fox smiled the slightest of smiles, waiting for an answer from Maersk.

Maersk lifted his head and smiled at the fox, not an easygoing smile, but a full-on, explosive smile. The tips of his canines showed, just below his thin black lips. "Hello, little fox," Maersk's deep voice intoned. "I am Maersk. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:35 am

Lupa just about stumbled back from the deep voice which emanated from this wolf. Unsure whether to trust it or not, the smile dropped from his face and he came to all fours in an instant. Maersk... He lolled the word around in his head, making sure he could pronounce it properly before saying anything.

His voice at first came out as a squeak, but soon developed to it's norm, "I... I am Lupa." He said, giving a nod as his hair stood on edge, curious of this wolf's next move - to attack this curious, white fox or to make it a 'companion' of sorts. Either way, the choices sounded reasonably entertaining. Lupa like it like that.

The smile formed back on his mouth as his nose moved upward, still taking in the usual smell of the vapour and smoke - nothing new. "Why... Why are you next to me?" Lupa finally blurted out, his curiosity no longer able to simmer in his chest. His curiosity would be his biggest downfall in situations like these - it always got him into trouble. Hopefully, that wouldn't be the case this time. This wolf seemed to have an aura of peace... something which settled every one of Lupa's nerves which reassured him of this vague presence he hardly knew anything about.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 12:17 pm

The fox jumped to his feet upon hearing Maersk's voice. Maersk simply chuckled and made no movement.

The fox said his name. Maersk rolled out the word on his tongue. "Lupa... she was the Roman goddess of the wolves. Did you know of that?" the big wolf questioned.

"Why are you next to me?" Lupa blurted out.

Maersk smiled. "I am your guardian," he said simply.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:29 pm

Lupa stared at the wolf which slightly towered over him, the sun beginning to push away the mist and fog, bursts of light shattering through the darkness. Maersk's comment about his name was instantly diminished and dismissed as he said something about being a guardian. What was that supposed to mean?

Lupa inhaled as some fresh air finally reached them as his cold, hard, blue eyes drilled into the black, beady eyes this elderly wolf possessed. He muttered to himself, his eyes drifting to the ground as he spoke, "What's that supposed to mean?"
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:33 pm

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lupa asked innocently.

Maersk laughed heartily and rose to his feet. He looked down at the little white ball of fur in amusement. The fox was so small, so delicate, so vulnerable, so innocent. Maersk spoke kindly: "Young fox, I am to protect you. That's what guardians do-- protect others."
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Lupa blinked again, his eyes drifting back up to the seemingly gargantuan fox which blocked out the tendrils of sunlight which longed to come through and touch the small, white cub. He took one step back as the large, black eyes mesmerized him for a few seconds... residing his mind somewhere peaceful. Another sudden blink snapped him out of the trance, "Why do you want to protect me?" Another question fell from his mouth as his curiosity began to simmer once again.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Maersk's stormy grey eyes looked sincerely into Lupa's blue ones. "Because you are a holder of peace. All holders of peace are protected." He took a deep breath, then continued with a smile. "In some ways, you are like a... lord. A lord of the land. You represent peace, and not strife. You are... peace."
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Lupa stared at the wolf, his stare interlocking with Maersk who said these words which made absolutely no sense to the young cub. He cleared his throat once again. "Okay." He said slowly, stretching the word out before prancing off, half-expecting his new 'guardian' to follow.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 1:57 pm

"Okay." Lupa then went prancing off.

Maersk took long strides, walking with the skipping fox. "Where would you like to go?" he asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Lupa felt as if he had been filled with something new... he couldn't place it correctly. But he felt somewhat face with this new companion - or to be more specific, a guardian. Maybe it was confidence? A fresh aura of confidence flooding into his every move. He wasn't sure, but it didn't really matter either way.

"Do you know where any food is, Maersk?" He said, pronouncing the wolf's name slowly as Lupa's claws clacked against the gravel road noisily.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:05 pm

"Food, huh?" Maersk chuckled. "We could try to find food, but then we must move much quicker." The great male was not even trotting, just walking at his normal speed.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Lupa looked back at the wolf, gesturing for it to lead the way as it stopped in the middle of the road and exhaled. He moved his head forward - assuming this elderly wolf would know much more about travel around these parts of town and gaining food. That was one significant and plausible thing he was definitely grateful for.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:06 am

Maersk walked slightly ahead of the small fox, his auds pricked and his grey pools wide open. He inhaled, then exhaled. "I smell... something," his deep voice hissed. "We must run if we are to get it before anyone else does." He sniffed again. "Quick! Run as fast as your little paws can take you! It's a... let's see, rabbit. Right now it's on the verge of getting away. Now! Run!"

And Maersk took off, his large pads hitting the pavement rhythmically.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:26 am

Lupa ran forward, each paw thudding against the pavement below which he had been used to all his life. His eyes kept ahead as he followed Maersk, adrenaline brusquely flushing through his body. His newly founded accomplice surely did have advanced senses - something Lupa had been trying to improve whenever he got the chance. His hearing skills had developed, but his sense of smelling wasn't the best due to all the pollution this city had collected.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:31 pm

They were catching up now. The rabbit was right ahead, bounding forth. Suddenly, Maersk caught a whiff of--

The large male abruptly skidded to a harsh stop, blocking Lupa's way.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Lupa ran into the massive legs of his Guardian and unexpectedly bounced back on the asphalt, yelping as he struggled to come back to his feet, he then rushed forward and pressed his nose into Maersk's legs, trying to move the massive wolf. "Why are you stopping?" He said slowly as he flopped on the ground from exhaustion, half relieved they had ceased the running.
Back to top Go down
Brutality
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Brutality

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Maersk watched sadly as the hare ran a ways, then stopped to look back at them. It had bloodshot red eyes. "It's infected. I should've known." Maersk sighed, and started walking off in another direction. "We'll have to look elsewhere for food."
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 1:11 am

Lupa's ears fell in disappointment as he followed the wolf, his claws dragging on the concrete, making soft clacking sounds. "Where to next?" He said, his mood changing from adrenaline filled to disappointed and bored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Of the Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of the Ruins Of the Ruins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of the Ruins

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers :: Role Playing :: Realistic Role Play-