RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Guardians <IC>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Captain Nemo
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Captain Nemo

RPG Tokens : 8120

Guardians <IC> - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 2:59 am

Oke was dissapointed in the faith of the girl, he followed her, "You should be ashamed, The only led that any one has and you give it away, Do you even want to get out off this... this place" he said with dissapointment. @FluffyBunBUn
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

RPG Tokens : 7800

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:18 am

Mary’s eyes fluttered open. She didn’t know how long she had been out for. The sky was still dark and the rain hadn’t finished its drenching session just yet. She opened her mouth, trying to catch the fresh water for even the slightest drink. Rolling over, she spat it out. The pollution in the air made the rain taste revolting. Grabbing the bandana from her neck, Mary tried to stand. She managed to get onto her hands and knees. She covered her mouth with the bandana and pushed herself off the ground. It was an effort for her exhausted mind.

Trying her best to stay standing, Mary hobbled past deserted streets and alleyways. It appeared that nobody had been down this area of town for a long time. But looks could be deceiving. She looked to the left and found a long yet small metal pole. She grabbed it and used it to help her walk. She didn’t know of any survivors in her parts but then again, she hadn’t moved from her doorway in over three days.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8496

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:43 am

Alek still looked at the door, wishing the man would leave. She didn't know this man well, he is spurting craziness at her, and patronizing her. "I'm not going to be ashamed. I don't know what you are trying to tell me and you just keep talking." She picked up her bag, ready to get out of this place if the man wasn't. "You must be crazy." She said as she walked pasted him.
Alek ran down the stairs quickly, making it to the street. She put her mask on, allowing her to breath fresh air. The rain that fell from the sky landed on her with mild stings, it was almost acid rain.
Alek wasn't sure about the man, but he did get her thinking about wanting to get out of this world. Did she? The Guardians were a nuisance and she truly wished for them to shut down or stop attacking people, but she was happy being herself in this world. Yeah she had to be on the run, but Alek was able to delve fully into her world of gears and wires.
Alek passed a girl on the street, using a banana to keep her breaths clear. So Alek stopped, grabbing one of her earlier models of the oxygen mask she had on. It worked but Alek didn't need it, she was going to scrap it, but this seemed to be a better use. "Here." She held out the mask. The most Alek looked at her, the more she felt sorry for her. It was obvious that she was near death from starvation. So Alek pulled one of her granola bars from her bag, handing it to her along with the mask.
I wonder how many people are out there like her? Alek thought. Maybe she shouldn't be content with this world. She didn't want to watch people suffer and die. Her technology is meant to make lives better, Alek truly wanted to help. And to do this, she was going to have to invent a few things to end the Guardians because they were the root of this suffering.
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:17 am

Mary looked into the eyes of the woman with the mask and food. She didn’t know why this person would help her. Mary believed herself to be another nuisance in the world, another mouth to feed. She has no money and no way of thanking anyone but with her words. Even her words were a mess. She couldn’t say much at all. Her mouth was practically sandpaper. But alas, she took the food and the mask and dropped to the ground, slipping the bandana to her neck and hastily unwrapped the bar to eat. It was gone quickly.
“Thank you,” she managed to say before the air got to her. Instinctively, she grabbed the bandana from her neck and wrapped it around her mouth and nose. Then she remembered the mask and stared at it for a bit before slipping the bandana down and placing the mask over her face, turning it on and breathing in large gulps of oxygen. She used the pole to help her stand.
Mary pointed in the direction the woman had come from. “People?” she groaned, her dry mouth making it almost impossible to understand what she was trying to say.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Alek's forehead crinkled in confusion before she realized what the woman said. "No." The area was abandoned and most people were toward the center of the city.
Alek turned to go, but then remembered the woman's voice. She took out her canteen, offering it to her. "Here, drink, not too fast. I don't want you to vomit, especially with a mask on." Alek smiled, but it wasn't able to be seen under her mask.
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:24 am

Mary took it and opened the lid, taking large gulps but not too fast like the woman said. She didn't empty the flask but she had drained a lot of the liquid from it. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice a little better. "Where... Can I... Find survivors?"
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:36 am

Alek looked at the woman. "I'm not sure. Most stay in the center of the city this way." Alek pointed in the direction she was going in.
Alek looked around quickly, wanting to find a place to go so she did not have to go into the center of the city. Few people came this way, but most of the people in the city knew who she was and they wanted her dead. So Alek only went into the center of the city of occasions that needed it and despite helping the girl find her way, there really was no reason to.
"Just walk down this street. There will be three lights before you really start finding people." Alek turned down a different street and found a building to go in. All the window were smashed and most of the doors were beaten in, but that was not a big deal.
In the safety of a building, Alek reached in her bag and retrieved Aubree. "That was close." Alek said, smiling at the tiny machine girl.
Aubree nodded. "It was. I'm sorry I was seen." Aubree's voice was programed to inflict meaning to her words, so she nearly sounded human if you ignored the minute whine to it.
Alek set her down, there was only a mattress thrown on the floor in the room, so Alek sat on the floor with her. "It's fine. I have a few ideas to help with that."
Alek pulled some tools from her bag, zoning out like she always does when doing something mechanical. Nothing else existed in the world but the task at hand. If Aubree weren't there to be paying attention to what was going on, someone could sneak up and kill her without Alek even knowing. But Aubree was there, listening for anything that could come.
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:43 am

Mary didn't even get the chance to thank the woman for the directions before she had taken off. She used the pole to help her stand and started to hobble in the direction she had come from, towards some form of civilization. Her body was still very weak but she needed to get past her dead parents or shed end up back where she started, crying in a heap on the dirty street.
Back to top Go down
Crazyleo
Crazyleo

RPG Tokens : 3804

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:04 pm

As Simika gave chase to the remaining Guardian, she noticed that there wasnt any biological sentients present. Which was all well and good. When the Guardian arrived at what appears to be gun turrets of some type. Then all of a sudden, the people manning the turrets unleashed a volley of plasma fire at The Guardian; melting it into slag.

Simika merely smiled and approached the turrets and nodded.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18947

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:14 am

A can of food caught Jason's eyes, reminding him of his childhood. "Nan's Beans - The best beans in America!" were labelled on the rusted, aluminium tin of food. A smile blossomed upon his lips as he pressed his hand around it - and, without hesitation - he picked it up. He then noticed another identical can of food beside it, which he picked up also and slipped into his pocket, trying not to look suspicious as his eyes returned to the man at the counter. Jason placed the one can on the counter in front of him before turning toward the wooden cupboard which had been flung open - exposing racks beyond racks of weaponry. Ranging from grenades and guns - it was all there.

He stepped forward and picked out a short pistol and a blade which caught the remaining rays of sunlight which snuck through the windows. Jason placed the equipment on the counter and nodded at the man, placing a hand on the stolen can of food in his pocket, "Just these." He said, a glum tone of voice betraying his true emotions. He was extremely nervous - if this guy found out he had stolen, he'd be dead - right here, right now.

The shop keeper smiled, his robotic eyes blaring with light as they intensified before the room was lit by the red illuminative source. "Two hundred and fifty dollars." He said, moving his head forward as he extended a wrinkled hand. Jason nodded as he dug into his pocket and pulled out two hundred dollar notes an one fifty dollar note. The man took it and the equipment was in his possession, "You're going to need ammo for that." The man added as Jason prepared to leave the shop, "There's a store on the next street which will provide such." With that, the mysterious shop keeper's eyes glowered before turning off and he hobbled into the gloom.
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Alek finished, moving back from Aubree with a satisfied smile on her lips. Alek had just changed Aubree to be able to turn off on command. She didn't have to worry about someone finding her again, she'll just appear as parts put together with no purpose. "There you go, Aubree. Try it out, just hit this button and don't move. Once you want to reactivate, turn it back on."
Aubree nodded, doing as Alek asked. She fell over, appearing to just be parts, and with a little flick of her hand, Aubree was up and moving again. "This is great."
Alek nodded, putting her tools away. She moved to the bed, ready for some sleep. Before all this happened all Alek had to do was eat, sleep, and invent. Now she had to focus on surviving too which took a lot of time out of inventing.
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:14 am

Mary managed to hobble into town just before the sun set behind smouldering buildings. It wasn't much of a civilisation, just as the girl had said but it would do for what she needed. Firstly, she needed a place to stay and knowing what little money she had wouldn't be enough, she had to find a dark corner of the street to sink into. Secondly, she needed food and water but they would cost more than a place to stay and she didn't have much at all. What she had wouldn't even get her a room for an hour.

She sat in the darkest corner of the street she could find, finally deciding that she was thinking too much for her addled brain. She was making herself sick. Her body seemed to be paper thin and grey from her lack of food and water. She knew there was a resistance somewhere in the city but she didn't know where and she was nowhere near strong enough to join yet.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Jason stared at the immense gloom for a few seconds, eyebrow raised. He hesitantly turned around after a few seconds, and left the structure, his eyes darting from side to side. "Ammo shop..." He muttered to himself, looking to his left. With a nod, Jason continued walking through the streets, keeping his head down - trying not to draw in any unwanted attention. He swiftly turned a corner, his shoes scraping along the asphalt.

Jason paused, staring down the streets. He looked at each building until he found what he was looking for - a structure which took up quite a bit of space, squished between two houses which were filled with cluster of people and groups. With a reluctant nod, he stepped forward, proceeding to the ammo shop with his new gun. Once he reached it, he pulled the door open, an beeping sound notifying his presence and his passing through the threshold of the seemingly new shop.

He noticed this shop wasn't as gloomy as the previous one and chairs lined the back walls, as the other walls were lined with a few expensive guns, and dozes and dozens of packs of ammo which sparkled from the sunlight which beamed through the window. Jason examined his gun, looking for any inscription which notified or implied what kind of ammo he needed for this firearm.

Before Jason could even search, a warm hand clenched his back, "What're you lookin' for, Son?"
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Alek woke up a few hours later, never sleeping very long. She grabbed her stuff and left. She wandered down the empty street, seeing the hallow world they lived in. It was during this observation that she noticed the red eyes looking at her from the empty buildings. Alek knew what they were, she just hoped that she didn't activate them.
Alek's pace slowed, her eyes down, she didn't want to attract their attention. Just as she thought she was in the clear, a small whine came up and she knew her luck had run out.
Alek started running, the red eyed robots coming out. She knew her speed was useless against them, but this was the best she could do. Aubree flew from her bag, flying next to her. "There are too many."
Alek was panting, feeling the distance between her and the robots shortening. "I know." She gasped between breathes.
Her feet his the cracked pavement as she went down the street, turning a corner to find robots waiting for her.
Alek turned around, wanting to go another way, but the robots chasing her had her blocked in. Alek sighed, knowing she wasn't going to get away from this many Guardians.
"Take me, you are ordered not to kill me." Alek said. "Clearance one." Her eyes averted, knowing this was the best she could do. Their programing was set and nothing could stop them, but there were a few things that could keep them from killing you if you were the right person. Too bad those right people were all killed by the humans.
The robots assessed her voice, matching it to the one she recorded long ago. Alek took this change and quickly made Aubree appear shut down and tossed her toward a building. Alek knew that the robots would destroy her, seeing her as a threat. Alek couldn't have that, and Aubree would help in finding a way to get Alek out.
For now, the robots came forward, leading Alek away from the desolate town and toward the old warehouses that they have taken up as their headquarters.
Back to top Go down
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Jason whipped around instinctively, feeling his heart hammer against his ribcage. "Oh. Uh. Hey." He brushed a hand through his sweat filled clump of hair, looking at the tall man nervously. Ammo, sir. Ammo." He took a step back from the man, watching him give half hearted chuckle at his words.

"They call this an ammo store for a reason." He shook his head dismissively, moving behind the polished shop counter, which was currently filled with gun displays and the such. "What kind of ammo you need?"

He pulled out the pistol from the bag around his arm, placing it on the desk with ease. "At least two rounds for this." Jason said, opening the bag a little to give the gun room when it needed to return.

With another chuckle, the shop owner opened up a glass cabinet, seemingly not protected by any kind of security. He pulled out two rounds of the request ammo, slapping them on the desk next to the firearm. He gave Jason the price and was paid almost instantly, dropping the equipment into the bag for him.
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Elite
Elite
Demyx

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 11:46 pm

Mary shivered against the bitter cold evening breeze. She wrapped her arms around her. She needed to get well. She would get well, if she could survive the night. She had almost no chance of that. She took the mask off her face and replaced it with her scarf. She prefered it and it would keep her warm. She smiled at the thought that there were still people around that could be nice. The lady must have been rich to be able to have two masks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardians <IC> Guardians <IC> - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardians <IC>

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2