RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drago
Drago

RPG Tokens : 3808

How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? Empty
PostSubject: How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 3:25 am

In the past, all but one of the characters I've ever taken a role as I've been able to role play flawlessly. The one I couldn't get into was simply not the same as my personality. The characters I've taken all have similarities to me whether it be their intelligence, their emotional state, or their willingness to help others.

I know for some people it can be extremely difficult to take on the role of a character, even if you have a good understanding of them.
Back to top Go down
FTON
Poster
Poster
FTON

RPG Tokens : 3979

PostSubject: Re: How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Well, it depends how easy you get along with the character, sometimes you can't get into the role of the characters when you get confused and you become unable to play your RP role. however it's never been harder than playing a character that has the same personality as you. what was the problem have you been having?
Back to top Go down
http://ftononline.net/
Anorak
Concealed Always
Concealed Always
Anorak

RPG Tokens : 18918

PostSubject: Re: How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Most of my characters are based on characters which I have used a lot and/or they are based on myself. I find getting into character is something quite easy for myself due to how easy I can relate to my characters and remember their back stories and such as if they're my own.
Back to top Go down
https://rpglounge.rpg-board.net
JustTopaz
Little Kitty
Little Kitty
JustTopaz

RPG Tokens : 3993
Location : I don't know but I hope the lights switch back on soon.

PostSubject: Re: How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:00 am

all my character reflect at least part of my personality or how I act in a particular mood so I find it easy to get into character (sometimes).
The Just from Night Realm was a bad a example or my RPing skill her personality and past was particularly dark and I ofter found myself going out of character. This also happened in Zarpi. I found myself switching from her being hard and harsh to kind and far too caring.
I now try to keep my character close to my own personality so the are now days more kind-heated and caring.
so to answer the question "How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character?" I always try my hardest and I like to thing that I do it well however you'd have to ask my fellow Rpers for the final verdict.
Back to top Go down
Regretsama
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
Regretsama

RPG Tokens : 4790

PostSubject: Re: How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:09 am

It depends on the character. I often use OCs that matches me well but i also use characters from some animes who has some same personality as i am like Asch the bloody, he is hot headed all the time just like me..

So yeah
Back to top Go down
http://wife-of-the-great-fool.tumblr.com
richter_h
richter_h

RPG Tokens : 3791

PostSubject: Re: How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:05 am

How easy or hard I got into my character?

Basically, it has steep curve to make the character "lives." It depends on how the one who takes control of character plays as him/her. And as far as I experienced, the hardest thing is to relate a character with others.

So, it's hard, I guess.

Since I often play as a wanderer characters, I think it's harder to take role as a character who lives and stays in one place for a long time. And I often play a "shady" character so the level of involvement difficulty into the character is "shady," too...
Back to top Go down
Crazyleo
Crazyleo

RPG Tokens : 3775

PostSubject: Re: How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:55 am

For me; the answer is both Hard & Easy at the same time.

The hard part for me is adding all the little details (personality, history, etc...). But once that is done, it's easy to slip into that character.
Back to top Go down
Atlin
Valar Morghulis
Atlin

RPG Tokens : 4419

PostSubject: Re: How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 5:02 pm

I don't think getting into the character is ever hard, it's telling the characters story that stumps me sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Tales_of_the_Equinox/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How easy or hard is it for you to get into the role of character?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1