RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for RPG Lounge and RPG Lovers

HomeIRC ChannelGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out our new forum by clicking HERE!

Out from the Fog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

RPG Tokens : 8519

Out from the Fog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:44 am

Ember walked into the foyer of her house and her mother was waiting for her, like she always is when she gets home late. Her mom opened her mouth about to speak, but Ember quickly said before her, "Hi, mom. This is Ruby. Ruby this is Meredith, my mom. Sorry I'm late, we stopped at the book store." She slowly began to go up the stairs, pulling Ruby along with her. "Can Ruby stay for dinner?" Her mother was now out of her sight. "Thanks." She called down the stairs. Ember sighed in relief, at least her mother didn't yell at her and maybe she would forget by the time Ruby left.
Ember opened her door, which was painted a flaming red and had black letters poorly painted on there saying keep out. "This is my room." Despite the rough paint job on the door, the room was tidy. The walls were painted a dark purple and the black curtains made it almost completely dark until Ember turned on the lights. There was a computer in the corner, a closet full of clothes, a large bed, and one floor to ceiling book shelf, so full books laid on the floor from falling off. There was a window seat next to the shelf, obviously used by the bean bag chair and candy wrappers in the area. "Make your self at home."
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

RPG Tokens : 5945

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:47 am

"Thankyou" she gave a smile and settled on the window seat, placing the book down carefully on her lap. She opened it slowly and carefully, if this was the only book there, she had to be gentle
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:52 am

Ember flopped on the bed, tossing the book next to her. She had designs she painted on the ceiling with a spell. They didn't turn out the greatest, because of her lack of painting skill, but they weren't bad. She rolled over on her side, propping her head on her hand. "So the first thing of magic is to forget reality. It was easy for me to learn that, I was four when I picked up my first magic book. Don't let your idea of what reality is keep you from casting your spell."
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:55 am

"Wow 4..." She said quietly "I think the forgetting reality will be tricky" she noted
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:59 am

Ember shrugged. "Not forgetting reality, but coming to terms that with spells, you bend reality to your will. Like when I cast a spell to straighten my bed, reality shifts to make it so. But I'm sure it will be easy for you." Ember got up, going to her door. "You thirsty, hungry? I'm going to get something to drink." She paused at the door handle, waiting for Ruby.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:01 am

"Um could I have a glass of water please?" She asked kindly
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:06 am

Ember nodded. "Can do." She closed the door behind her, knowing the possible war zone she was going into down stairs.
She could hear her parents talking in the kitchen and they hushed once they saw her. "Oh, don't stop whispering because I'm here." She rolled her eyes, grabbing Ruby's water and a glass of tea for herself.
Her mother crossed her arms. "I'm still upset that you weren't home on time, don't add to it by sassing us."
Ember shrugged. "Whatever you say." She took the drinks from the kitchen where she heard the whispers start up again. To that she shouted behind her. "Secretes don't make friends." Before taking the stairs two at a time. Making it to the safety of her room, she gave Ruby her water.
"You want to try the first spell in there?" Ember sat at the edge of her bed, sipping the sweet, cold tea.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:11 am

"Um yes please" she smiled and sipped her water quickly
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:12 am

Embed laughed, "Then go on. Try it. I won't laugh at you if you fail." Ember set her glass down, ready to give this her whole attention.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:15 am

"The first one is casting a shadow, where there isn't light" she nodded and focused, drawing her attention away from reality
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:19 am

Ember watched, waiting, not knowing what to expect. She has seen many different types of spell casters in her day, but never a dark one.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:31 am

She focused on a dark spot in her bedroom casting a shadow. Pulling the dark things together she tried hard to pull them together.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 am

Ember watched, thinking she saw movement out of the corner of her eye, but she wasn't sure. But Ember was running out of patience, so she fell back on her bed and grabbed the book about not having to utter words to spells. That made her realize what Ruby was doing wrong. "You have to say the spell." She glanced at Ruby from under her book.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:44 am

"Oh..yeah" she flicked open the book again and repeated theese words while doing what she repeated what she did earlier. Cast a spell upon a shadow, make it dark as night (sorry I'm not that craetive)
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:53 am

(No worries. Smile )
Ember looked past her book at the shadow, seeing it darken and smiling. "Good job. Looks like you can do dark spells." She got up, grabbing one off the shelf, wondering if she could try this type of spell. "Here this is elemental magic, fire to be exact. Sometimes, people will bond with more than one spell type, making them duel wielders. I'm wondering it you are one." Ember opened the book to the first page. It was a flame test. It give you the ability to touch flames without burning yourself.
Most spell casters can cast minor spells like this one of any spell type, but it's the power behind it that reveals if you have an connection with it.
Ember grabbed a candle and lite it, setting it on the hard wood floor.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 4:00 am

She looked at the flame cautiously
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:28 am

Ember watched. "You shouldn't be afraid. The spell is easy and most can cast it." Ember said the words, sticking her hand in the flame. It didn't hurt and it didn't burn her skin. It seems like a difficult task for the first spell of the beginning book, but it was because fire is a dangerous thing to learn. She pulled her hand out, the spell beginning to wear off. "See no harm done. You can do it, just give it a try." Ember smiled, truly believing that Ruby could do it.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Ruby looked at the flame taking a deap breath "o-okay" she concerntrated and slowly put her hand into the flame, gasping when she found out it didn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:21 pm

Ember smiled when there was no sign of pain on Ruby's face. "It's it awesome. I'm not a fire caster, but most can perform this spell. Do you feel connected to this type of magic?" Ember had never done this with someone before. It was a lot more fun than doing it on her own, though less productive for her.
Down the stairs, Meredith called up. "Girls, dinner's ready."
Ember smiled. "Great." She blew out the candle.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:25 pm

"In answer to your question, yes I do feel quite drawn to it" she added quietly while following Ember down the stairs
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Ember bounced down the stairs loudly, "Cool. You can have that book then. You have no idea how awesome and fulfilling using magic can be."
Ember lead Ruby to the dinning room, table set up with the casserole and some green beans. Meredith was already at one side of the table, Lucas next to her. "Ruby this is my dad, Lucas. Dad this is Ruby." She took the seat by her mother, not wanting Ruby to sit by her. Though she loved her mother, she was by far the more intimidating of the two.
Meredith smiled, placing a hearty helping on Ruby's plate.. "Feel free to eat as much as you want, we have plenty to go around."
Ember just rolled her eyes, getting some for herself.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:00 pm

"Thankyou very much" Ruby smiled kindly, it didn't look like she could eat half of it ! Never mind have more. She sat down quietly
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Lucas and Meredith spoke about stupid boring, parent things, so Ember just ate. She finished her food and sat quietly at the table. She looked to Ruby. "Sorry they're so boring." And she rolled her eyes.
Meredith turned to her daughter. "We are not, now keep your mouth shut before you say something you regret."
Lucas sighed. "Calm down, dear." He took his wife's hand. He was the calm, cool headed one in the family. He was often forgotten then Meredith and Ember got into an argument because he would not say much. But when he did speak up, it was rational.
Meredith took a quick breath. "Sorry." She apologized to Ruby. "For the rude behavior we are showing."
Ember's mouth dropped open and she quickly closed it for good. She didn't want to say anything about her mother apologized to Ruby instead of her. Though Ember did realize that this had to be awkward for her.
Back to top Go down
tizzyw
tizzyliciousness
tizzyw

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:20 pm

"No no, its fine, its nice to know how a normal family functions" she gave a shy smile, and put her hands on her knees
Back to top Go down
FallChild
Elite
Elite
FallChild

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Ember's forehead crinkled as she looked at Ruby. Did she not have a normal family? But she wasn't going to ask, it wasn't like her to pry. Unless it was about that strange fog.
But Meredith didn't seem to have the same restrictions. "What do you mean by that, hon?"
Ember's head quickly turned to her mother, wanting to scold her for asking such a personal question and for using the pet name hon. That was not like her mother, but it seemed around guests, Meredith was actually a nice-ish person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out from the Fog Out from the Fog - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out from the Fog

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Lounge - Forum For RPG Lovers :: Role Playing :: Miscellaneous Role Plays-